Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Janome 9000

Blog Entries

Janome 9000

There is a Janome 9000 barely used for sale for $895.00. cost over $6K new, has 17 memory cards and accessories. Is this a good deal? My Janome 10000 has lots of time on it, and this would be a good backup machine to share with my DD.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

I have this machine and I would buy another in a heart beat!! Wow it has all those cards..how nice. I love mine...I bought it new 15 years ago and have never regretted it. Buy it fast!!
    Be kinder than necessary,everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Make sure it was upgraded for the computer. My oringinal was not and pd $500 to do so. I sold it and have had a 10000 for many years.
    Donna

Ibought one at garage sale last summer paid 300.00 it has only 3 cards one thing I don't like is it does not have USB port but I probably won't use it for embroidery I have a 4000 brother embroidery machine I do like to have the extra
    Machine

wow i think i would grab that fast.
    very good price. make sure works good

Blog Entries
    I love my Janome 9000. I think you will be very happy if you buy it.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
    There is a Janome 9000 barely used for sale for $895.00. cost over $6K new, has 17 memory cards and accessories. Is this a good deal? My Janome 10000 has lots of time on it, and this would be a good backup machine to share with my DD.
    I had purchased a Janome 8000 and about a year later the newer models came out that you could connect to the computer. I was rather disappointed in the fact that the embroidery cards for the 8000 were no longer made. So I couldn't expand my library of embroidery designs. Keep that in mind if the 9000 doesn't have a USB connection and you plan on doing a large variety of embroidery.

Seems kind of high to me. I paid about $4000 for mine 16 years ago and kept it when I upgraded to the 11000 because I didn't think I could get much for it. Plus the fact that some of my favorite cards were not on the CD that I got with all the MC8000 designs. So I kept it as a backup machine. The 9000 is a great machine though.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

One other thing, if the Customizer 2000 is part of the accessories that are included, that will allow you to get designs from your computer to your machine.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

I love my Jamone 9000, but even with all those cards - I hate to say it - seems a bit high. When I looked at the 10000, I could only get $500.00 for it, so I kept it. Just remember that the 9000 only does kind of small embroidery designs. It is a super machine and a workhorse.
    Love those Janomes. I really don't think I will ever buy another brand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast