Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Horrizon: >

Janome Horrizon:

Janome Horrizon:

Old 04-03-2014, 03:02 PM

Default Janome Horrizon:

I have a Janome Horrizon, I got about 2 years ago. When I speed up the machine , it starts banging or running loud. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem or is there something I can do myself to fix this. I thought if there is something simple I can do myself, I would do it. I've talked to a couple of dealers & they say , they've never heard of something like this, & to just bring it in. It just seems strange that I have come up with a problem , they have never heard of before. I could understand , if they told me , I wouldn't be able to do it myself, that they would have to open it up. But not that they've never heard of a machine doing this before.I'm just a little disgruntled about the whole thing.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:20 PM
CRO

Have you cleaned it recently?
Old 04-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

http://content.janome.com/fusetalk/f...&threadid=3028
Old 04-03-2014, 04:47 PM

I don't have the Horizon but I recently took my MC6600 in for service because it had an odd sound... as it turned out, I needed a new bobbin case installed and my machine is only 2-3 years old. What a difference for a $20 part.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:50 PM

Any chance you put the needle in wrong? Another possibility is just a huge bunch of lint under the needle plate. You can take the plate off yourself and check.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:59 PM

I had a Kenmore that did the same thing, it was the bobbin case after it was replace it stopped making the noise.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:52 PM

I have a horizon 12000 and have found the banging going on when there is a thread in the bobbin holder or when the needle is loose. When I hear that noise, I immediately stop the machine, check the bobbin holder, re thread the bobbin, check the needle screw, and re thread the machine. That seems to clear the problem for me. If it dosen't then I replace the bobbin with a new one.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:24 AM

Thank you so much everyone. This Board is just the greatest. I have tried everything that was mentioned here. I also want to put a drop of oil on the wick & then I have an appointment to bring her in.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:51 PM

I was making string blocks today (6600 in set-in table) and got impatient, kicked up the speed button and the machine nearly came out of the cabinet it was bouncing so bad.

I think the high speed usage is only really good when a machine of any kind is clamped into a table. I've heard the original poster's complaint many times over the years about all kinds of machines.

I do hope there isn't any thing wrong with your machine!