Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: janome or singer?

I am debating between buying a new singer or a janome the singer has 600 stitches/alphabet and thread cutter but the janome is just a basic 30 stitches but seems to have a better reputation then the new singers any body have any input pros or cons? the machines are a 9960 quantum singer and the janome marigold

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    New Singers are not made by the same company that made the old ones many of us love. I've heard nothing but bad things about the new ones :(
    I've had no experience with Janome but I've heard lots of good things about them :D

I love my janome. I have a singer too and its okay. Don't have either that you are looking at though. Try them.both out if you can.

Blog Entries
    I have a Singer Futura I got in 2006. I have been very happy with it. I have only ever owned Singers so I don't have any type of comparison.

I have 3 Janome machines and would highly recommend getting one!

Janome! They stand behind their machines when there's a problem. Lotsa features for the money.

All 5 of my machines are Janome's and I wouldn't give a plug nickel for a new singer. They are basically throw away machines. I have a Janome 2007 DCLE and it has the nicest blanket stitch for applique than any of my other machines.

Also consider the Kenmore by Sears. I got one that is made by Janome for considerably less than one that has the Janome label on it. I believe it to be identical to one of Janome's models - just with a Kenmore label. Just make sure that you buy one of the models that looks like the Janome because I am not sure if all of the Kenmores come from the same place.

I have had Janomes for the last 25 years and love them. (I actually have only had 2 over that time period which I think says something about the quality of them!) My new Janome is a Horizon and it is the BEST machine ever! Good luck with whatever you choose!

I got a new singer for my birthday 2.5 years ago. It did EVERYTHING. Now that the warranty is up, it does NOTHING. Don't buy Singer!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast