Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Jelly Roll 'Dream' Challenge

Has anyone seen this? http://www.jellyrollquilters.com/page/competition-1

I'm sure I won't enter. I never finish anything so quickly, but what about the rest of you? Is anyone planning on entering? The prizes look great, and it could be a lot of fun. I was surprised about the $25 entry fee, though. Is that normal, to have an entry fee for this sort of thing? I know that there are costs associated with running the contest, but they'll be making money, too, both from people buying their jelly rolls to do it, and from the book they'll publish with the winning patterns. I wonder how many people usually enter this sort of thing, and what a person's odds are of winning?

Sorry, I get rambly at night (if rambly is even a word?).

np3
    Blog Entries
    I didn't read it, but if there is an entry fee for a contest, I don't think I would enter it. Just me........

I think it's normal to have a jurying fee for some competitions, but this is a quest to find original patterns to include in another Jelly Roll book.

Paying a "jurying fee" to a publisher? I don't know. Good way to get publishing expenses fronted, I guess - let your prospective designers pay them.

I think this is a good plan. You all can send me $25 and your pattern and I'll "judge" it for you, and maybe send you a prize;>

i don't like to pay to have people tell me if my stuff is good or not. But that is just me. I would rather spend the money on getting fabric for another quilt.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    I think this is a good plan. You all can send me $25 and your pattern and I'll "judge" it for you, and maybe send you a prize;>
    HAHAHAHAHAHA :thumbup: :thumbup:

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Mattee, if "rambly" isn't a word I think you just invented it :D:D