Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jo Ann's hobby table

I've had mine for about 5 yrs & love it! It's my cutting table (or my Christmas wrapping station). Not wobbly at all.

Blog Entries
    I thought I would cut on mine but found it too low. Other than that fantastic. I have just purchased the adjustable table. It goes up and down for standing and sitting, great. Also it tips, great when I need more room. Also found it is great for sandwiching. I fact I am using more than the horn cabinet, which is great for sewing and storing.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Maybe the new ones are not as sturdy built as the old ones. I have one as well, it's several years old, I use it as an ironing table now but I did use it as a cutting table when I first bought it with no problem.
    Chocolate is the Answer. Who cares what the question is.

Blog Entries
    If its the one that I'm thinking of check your roller placements on the wheels. I have the one with the measurement grid top and the two sides fold down; on a black frame. There are two different sets of wheels; one set is for the part that swings out and the other is for the center. Ask me how I know; mine is so wobbly unless it has at least one side up. I will eventually get in there and put the wheels on the right way but it works for now. I do like it alot so I'd fix the wheels before taking it back too.
    Judy

I think I have an old, old one....made of wood! Same style, fold out "leaves" on both sides with swing out legs, and a large cutting mat on top. Mine even has a drawer. I was really lucky to get the whole thing, table and mat, for $25 from a lady who was going to travel in an RV with her husband. I love it. I use it for everything, and all my quilting friends come to my place to sandwich their quilts. It requires no bending and I have clamps that fit along the sides to hold everything in place
    psumom

Jo Ann's hobby table

Quote Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
    If its the one that I'm thinking of check your roller placements on the wheels. I have the one with the measurement grid top and the two sides fold down; on a black frame. There are two different sets of wheels; one set is for the part that swings out and the other is for the center. Ask me how I know; mine is so wobbly unless it has at least one side up. I will eventually get in there and put the wheels on the right way but it works for now. I do like it alot so I'd fix the wheels before taking it back too.
    Oh my! I never thought of that! I took it back today and had no problem with the return, thank goodness. Thanks for the reply.....if I ever try a table like that again, I will remember your advice.

Leslie

Had one - poorly made - glad to see it gone.
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
    I thought I would cut on mine but found it too low. Other than that fantastic. I have just purchased the adjustable table. It goes up and down for standing and sitting, great. Also it tips, great when I need more room. Also found it is great for sandwiching. I fact I am using more than the horn cabinet, which is great for sewing and storing.
    Where did you get an adjustable table?
    Debbie

Blog Entries
    My table is years old but it must be made better than the new ones (not surprised) Mine is very sturdy and doesn't wiggle at all.

Mine is wobbly but the way my sewing room is arranged it really isn't practical for cutting big pieces and I have alternatives for smaller ones. I wound up keeping it folded and I lift one half if I need extra space for spreading out. I was cutting Bento Box pieces a few weeks ago and it looked like a fabric explosion until I thought to use that table for laying the pieces out.
    Pat

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast