Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Jo Ann's hobby table

Thumbs up Jo Ann's hobby table

Has anyone else recently bought the Hobby table from Jo Ann's? It's the table that is approx. 36" X 59" open and folds down to only 13" by 36". I was so happy to have gotten one using my 50% coupon but afraid I will have to take it back. It is so wobbly that I can't use it for cutting fabric and that was the main reason I bought it. Has anyone else had this problem or did I get a "bad" one. So sad.
    Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by morforles View Post
    Has anyone else recently bought the Hobby table from Jo Ann's? It's the table that is approx. 36" X 59" open and folds down to only 13" by 36". I was so happy to have gotten one using my 50% coupon but afraid I will have to take it back. It is so wobbly that I can't use it for cutting fabric and that was the main reason I bought it. Has anyone else had this problem or did I get a "bad" one. So sad.
    Leslie
    Yes, I've had the same experience. Good luck!

I was given one by a relative who didn't need it. I absolutely love it. It has legs that pull out and snap into a thingy underneath the table. Big plastic castors. Mine is on carpet. Might that make a difference?
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Hi...I bought one of these tables two years ago on a Black Friday sale at Joann's online. I love it. Mine is by no means wobbly. I had to put mine together as it was delivered in a big box. I have never even had to tighten it down since I have had it and it has been moved around in my sewing room numerous times. I'm sorry you are having problems. Maybe giving another one a chance...good luck.

I have two of them. and love them. I do have them on carpet don't know if that makes a difference.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass......It's learning how to dance in the rain!

I have one that a friend gave me, I did have to tighten the bolts in the legs. But I use mine for an ironing table as it has one of those ironing covers on it.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
    I was given one by a relative who didn't need it. I absolutely love it. It has legs that pull out and snap into a thingy underneath the table. Big plastic castors. Mine is on carpet. Might that make a difference?
    Mine is on carpet also. I thought maybe that was making it wobble but it wasn't. TKS!

Thanks to all of you for replying. I will check all the bolts but if that isn't it, I sure hope Jo Ann's will take it back assembled!

I have two tables from Jo Ann's. The first one I bought a couple of years ago and is like a regular table that doesn't fold down. The second one is a little different because it has legs that swing out from the middle. The only time I've had problems is when I've moved it and the legs fold in towards the middle.

Blog Entries
    Its the newer ones that are so bad I had one & giftedto a fellow qilter when I moved. Bought another and it was AWFUL. Got rid of it it wa so wobby. MY DH tried everything t make i sturdybut it never got beter
    Patski
    always learning

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast