Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jo-Ann's

It was in our paper that Jo-Ann's will be opening in June in our area. I was really surprised to read about that! Since Walmart will be discontinuing their fabric that might really be nice. However, it seems that Hancock's is struggling already. I wonder what this will do to them. :?:

I think you will like JoAnns. Be sure to sign up for the mailings, you will get nice coupons in the mail!

What I find odd about this, and it isn't just occurring in your area, but Walmart runs the small shops out of business because they can't compete, then the quality of fabric goes down at Walmart, people quit buying it there, Walmart decides to do away with the fabric. I am fortunate to live where fabric is easily accessible, we have Joann's Hobby Lobby, Hancock's, several LQS, fabric shops and even some Walmart's that still carry fabric. I feel bad for the small towns who used to have a dry goods store to purchase fabric and Walmart put them out of business. With gas prices being so high, how does one afford or even justify the cost of travelling in addition to purchasing fabric.

how great

We have a Joann's opening here on Friday. It is practically next door to Hobby Lobby and not too far from Hancocks.

I'm sure you are going to enjoy Jo-Ann's. Have fun when they open.

You are so right, I used to travel 30 miles to go to JoAnns prob. once a month. Now its very seldom. And now all the prices have risen right along with the gas. We are a smaller town and all we have is Walmart left.Sometimes the fabric can get really nasty. Or very loud!! And the price has been rising. I wish I would of been stashing more!!

Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North
    Be sure to sign up at their website for newsletters. There's almost always coupons with them.

Blog Entries
    I have heard we are getting on here but can't find any info
    on the web site that states one is coming.

Sign up for their mailing asap because it takes them long time to send it first time and you get really nice coupons. Also if you are subscibed to QCA, you can get VIP card for any time 10% on sale and clearance and it is good for a year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast