Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann deals on Memorial weekend! >

Joann deals on Memorial weekend!

Joann deals on Memorial weekend!

Old 05-30-2011, 03:50 AM

Hi all,
I suppose many of you have been over to Joann's this weekend. I just got back from buying a lot of notions (50% off this weekend) & just couldn't resist 3 other fabrics while there. My total came to $93, saved $138! I love when it's this good. My fabrics were Debbie Mumm @ 60% off, then I used my "10% off regular & sale-priced items", to bring it down a little more.

Before I went to the store, I had done a search so I could take my Joann's shopping list with me. Lucky I did, as some of the items were from the quilters notions area, which were not on sale at the store (but are online). The manager honored the online prices I had printed with Joann's item numbers; I didn't even ask mind you, but he offered since I had asked for help in finding a couple of items. Score again with the extra 10% off. I could have come home to buy the quilters notions online, but at least I saved shipping charges.

What did you get?
Old 05-30-2011, 03:58 AM
Power Poster

Great that you got deals!! :D:D

I actually have only been to the garden store this weekend lol
Finally sunny, getting outside work done!! :)
Old 05-30-2011, 04:07 AM
dd

I bought mostly fabrics. I didn't need notions this time. I just stocked up on a few needles. I did find 2 1/2 yds of brown "batik" that was 108" wide for $2.50/yd. Yes, I bought all of it. I bought about 6 different fabrics. Most of them I finished the bolt. Then she was giving me discounts for finishing the bolt, which at one time they didn't do that either. Oh, I did get silk thread for hand applique. And 5 patterns, one I have been looking for for a long time and it was still the only one they had. I spent $35 and saved $109.56. I was really surprised when I saw those numbers. I liked it when they had their credit card and you could earn Joann gift cards depending on how much you spent.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:10 AM

[ I liked it when they had their credit card and you could earn Joann gift cards depending on how much you spent.[/quote***********
I remember using the JoAnns card and getting those great gift cards....too bad they discontinued that program. I got a lot of great stuff for ''free''.

jodi
Old 05-30-2011, 06:18 AM

I am staying away from there this weekend...need to go to Viking store which is insided Joans, so if I go today..think I will leave my $ at home!!! :D
Old 05-30-2011, 06:27 AM

I went to JoAnns yesterday, but didn't buy anything. I like that they'll match any competitor's coupon (including the Michael's 50% off coupon). I'm looking for a quilt pattern/book with nautical themed quilts, but couldn't find one. Our JoAnn's store was having a grand re-opening sale, so I may need to go back today for other items :)
Old 05-30-2011, 06:30 AM

I bought a bolt of really nice muslin which I have started to use for backings. Also bought 4 yards of white Kona that has a soft and and cuddly feel. Also bought an ironing pad to put close to my machine. And....best of all I bought some really nice co-ordinated Legacy fabric for a quilt. My experience with the Legacy fabric is it is as nice as some LQS fabrics. It regulary sells for $8.99 a yard but with their discount and with the extra 20% off I paid $2.00 a yard and know that was a super deal. Did buy some notions at 50% off and the extra 20% made it a very good buy. Say what you may about JoAnns stores but I do find some very good sales, once in awhile.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by ahollenb
I went to JoAnns yesterday, but didn't buy anything. I like that they'll match any competitor's coupon (including the Michael's 50% off coupon). I'm looking for a quilt pattern/book with nautical themed quilts, but couldn't find one. Our JoAnn's store was having a grand re-opening sale, so I may need to go back today for other items :)
Your lucky that they honor Michael's coupon - Out Joann's won't if you are just buying fabric or the notion isn't something that Michael's carries - gets confusing
Old 05-30-2011, 06:32 AM

I sure do like the looks of the quilt you have in your avatar....is there a special pattern for it?

Originally Posted by ahollenb
Old 05-30-2011, 06:48 AM

[quote=Mary M]I sure do like the looks of the quilt you have in your avatar....is there a special pattern for it?

Thank you for asking about it - it's a Storm at Sea quilt pattern from Marsha McCloskey's Quick Classic Quilts book. It wasn't a pattern I would normally choose on my own, but was being offered as a class, so I decided to try it out. Thanks again!