Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joanns Prices >

Joanns Prices

Joanns Prices

Old 12-03-2010, 10:38 AM

There's been mention of their prices going higher on this board.I just received a new flyer & checked it out....talk about sticker shock!
Here are some regular Joanns prices,per yd
Fleece $6.99-39.99
Holiday Inspirations Christmas fabric $6.99-19.99
Nursery Prints/Panels $4.99-24.99
Keepsake Calico Prints $3.99=6.99

Just a sampling.No wonder we use coupons & shop sales both on/off line.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Power Poster

I would never purchase fleece from Joanns. Their fleece prices are always higher in my area.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:41 AM

Sure thankful I stocked up on flannel, solid color cotton and batting while they were on sale!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:13 AM

Fleece is 50% off until Christmas. My flyer came yesterday. The secret to shopping at JoAnn's is to only shop the sales. That and coupons. 50% off makes their decent fleece less than the crappy stuff at WalMart. WalMart has some okay fleece on their racks, but the ones stacked on the tables are often inferior.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:24 AM

I saw the prices went up at JoAnn's too. I am not liking this! LOL
Old 12-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Google Goddess

Everything is going up in prices!
Old 12-03-2010, 03:27 PM

I like to shop at Joanns but hate it when they put keepsake calicos on sale for $1 off per yard. YOu can't use a 40 or 50% off coupon on something that's already on sale. I'm sure they do that just to keep from letting us have a good deal.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:29 PM

I was at Joanns today and forgot my coupons. I had to buy more fleece to finish a blanket. I used my Guild Card for 10% off, went home and got my coupons. They rerung everything up. Good savings!
Old 12-03-2010, 03:42 PM

My JoAnns store is overpriced on everything. Every notion, fabric and pattern. No wonder we are searching for coupons when making purchases. They think we are stupid and figure if we use a coupon we will get a great deal when in actually even using the coupons we are still paying too much. I wish there were other craft stores in my area. The only other is 40 miles away. I think that shopping online and finding out from members here who buy whether other places have better deals and are equal in quality.

So please post here to tell us your great values from online merchants. Afterall, everyone wants to get a great deal no matter where they shop.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
My JoAnns store is overpriced on everything. Every notion, fabric and pattern. No wonder we are searching for coupons when making purchases. They think we are stupid and figure if we use a coupon we will get a great deal when in actually even using the coupons we are still paying too much. I wish there were other craft stores in my area. The only other is 40 miles away. I think that shopping online and finding out from members here who buy whether other places have better deals and are equal in quality.

So please post here to tell us your great values from online merchants. Afterall, everyone wants to get a great deal no matter where they shop.
According to my fabric vendors, due to a worldwide shortage of cotton for the past 3 years, the price of all cotton fabric is increasing (Moda expects to increase their fabric by 35 cents a yard in January). That price increase is expected to cause a sharp increase in the prices of ready-to-wear clothing as well as fabric on bolts. I don't know why JoAnn's is increasing the price of their fleece, though. Isn't all of their fleece polyester?

Absolutely everything in my online quilt shop is priced 5-20% below MSRPs--and none of my cottons are stretchy like some of the goods JoAnn's sells.

http://LisasStitchingPost.com