Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Judy Niemeyer class >

Judy Niemeyer class

Judy Niemeyer class

Old 10-31-2015, 07:39 AM

Patricia, from the map on Judy's website, it appears that there are no certified instructors in your area. If I were you, I would send an email addressed to Judy asking whether there have been instructors added in your area since the last update to her map. Perhaps by now there are. I'm very fortunate that we have a certified instructor within 15 miles of where I live. At the workshop I attended 3 or 4 years ago, I met a woman who was also taking the class and we've become great friends. She has a tremendous eye for color. She just finished the bed runner "Willow" and now she is working on "Prairie Star." Because she deviated from the colors Judy recommended (using more of a variety of fabrics for some sections), there is quite a bit of re-figuring before cutting. She came to my house and we pulled fabrics for my Prairie Star (I deviated as well...), so I will be in the same situation. Lucky for me, she's taken excellent notes, so when I begin cutting, I'll follow her notes. To me, the sewing is a piece of cake. It is the instructions that are hard to follow, especially if you use more variety of fabrics than called for.