Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Juki 2010/2000?

Welcome to the board from northern Arizona. You will love this board.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

I too have been considering the Juki 2010. But I was put off by some comments that a 9" harp really isn't large enough for full sized quilts. It was recommended I go with at least a 11-12". But that size is so much more expensive. For those who use the Juki 2010, do you feel it has enough room to do full sized quilts without really struggling with them. I won't be using a frame as I have no room for one.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    I am also thinking of a Juki. So hard to know which model to get or to consider.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

I have the 2000 and there is plenty of room to do a full size quilt. I have never been happier with a purchase, ever!

Blog Entries
    I have a TL98Q and absolutely love it. I use it for all straight stitching and FMQing. I have had my machine for several years and have never had any trouble with it. Does like lots of oil.

Quote Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 View Post
    Does like lots of oil.
    Yes, my 2010Q does too.

I'm new to longarm quilting with my Juki 2010. Just loaded a practice quilt on the frame. My top thread keeps breaking. I'm using Connecting Threads 100% cotton thread on top and bottom. The machine is threaded properly and the tensions are fine. Needle is OK. I'm using a SureStitch regulator. Is there a different thread I should use or does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks, I need all the help I can get.

I have the juki 2000 on a frame and I just did a queen size the owner wanted extra long so it's 110" long. The throat space was still fine allowing me about 4"in work space o nthe final row. Thats using cotton batting. On the thread issue I have had a terrible time with CT thread breakage. Just my opinion. But use an 18 topstitch needle and you may get better results. I switched to poly thread from metroemb.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2