Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki F600 vs Juki 2010 >

Juki F600 vs Juki 2010

Juki F600 vs Juki 2010

Old 10-28-2015, 02:41 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bilben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Yukon, Canada
Posts: 400
Default Juki F600 vs Juki 2010

Hello,

I know these machines have been discussed before, and many people have both, but I trying to choose one of the two. My main question for those of you who have the F600 is how do you like FMQ on it? This machine would be my preference because of the quietness of the machine but I also want to be able to FMQ easily. I won't be making any queen or king size quilts,and would probably use it mainly for wallhangings and smaller. Any thoughts you have on these sewing machines will be greatly appreciated!
Bilben is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 03:16 PM
  #2  
Moderator
 
QuiltnNan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
Posts: 51,411
Default

when I had my straight stitch Juki, I used it on a frame for quilting... it worked great. i love my F600 for sewing. I tried FMQ on it one day and ended up with nests on the back. i'm sure it was operator error. i never tried the FMQ again. If i could have only one, i'd choose the F600 as i'm sure the FMQ could be adjusted to work fine. I've not been any good FMQng on any DSM i'owned, so i won't say that it can't do a good job.
__________________
Nancy in western NY
before you speak T.H.I.N.K. T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.
QuiltnNan is offline  
Old 10-29-2015, 02:19 AM
  #3  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,131
Default

I would take a small sandwich and test out the machine at the dealership. DSM are just like cars, you have to get out there and test drive them. I did that when I was trying to decide on getting a Bernina in the late 90s.
ManiacQuilter2 is offline  
Old 10-29-2015, 03:49 AM
  #4  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,165
Default

I have the 2010 and I do FMQ using a SewEzi table. It does it very well.

However, I also have a Pfaff 2170 for backups or problems. I do QAYG and this time I needed to batten down the sashing strips. Tad small to FMQ - the Pfaff has plenty of 9mm stitches that work.

If you need to satin stitch over an area to stop ravelling, there is another good reason for a multi-purpose machine. If you are like me and hate to hand sew, I'd bet a lot of other quilters could join in with multiple other reasons.
Weezy Rider is offline  
Old 10-29-2015, 05:05 AM
  #5  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,991
Default

I have both these machines set up all the time and alternate between them depending on what I am doing. I like to FM or quilt using my walking foot on the TL98Q (older version of the 210 but very similar) because it makes a great stitch and has more space in the harp. I use my Exceed 600 for piecing and all of its fancy stitches. Now if they would just combine all of these features, it would be the perfect machine. On the other hand, in Canada I could buy both of these machines for less than $2500 and I think that is good value as other brands are definitely more expensive to get similar features.
Shelbie is offline  
Old 10-29-2015, 07:39 AM
  #6  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 115
Default

Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
I have both these machines set up all the time and alternate between them depending on what I am doing. I like to FM or quilt using my walking foot on the TL98Q (older version of the 210 but very similar) because it makes a great stitch and has more space in the harp. I use my Exceed 600 for piecing and all of its fancy stitches. Now if they would just combine all of these features, it would be the perfect machine. On the other hand, in Canada I could buy both of these machines for less than $2500 and I think that is good value as other brands are definitely more expensive to get similar features.
Shelbie, have you seen this, I started a separate thread on this today. It's on the Japan website as of 10-27-15. Taken the F600 and added some nice features. I've contacted Juki America by phone and email and looking forward to more information on this machine: http://www.juki.co.jp/household_en/hsm/hzldx7.html

Clay is offline  
Old 10-29-2015, 10:54 AM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Western New York
Posts: 5,834
Default

I have both of these machines too. If I had to choose between them, it would take forever because
I use the 600 for piecing and fancy stitches and the 2010 for FMQ. I tried FMQ on the 600 and it was
OK, but like the bigger harp on the 2010. Hope you find a way to choose between the two, because
they are BOTH great machines. I wouldn't even consider any other ones,
nannyrick is offline  
Old 10-29-2015, 03:09 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bilben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Yukon, Canada
Posts: 400
Default

Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Shelbie, have you seen this, I started a separate thread on this today. It's on the Japan website as of 10-27-15. Taken the F600 and added some nice features. I've contacted Juki America by phone and email and looking forward to more information on this machine: http://www.juki.co.jp/household_en/hsm/hzldx7.html



Oh thanks, now I have to choose one of THREE machines, lol.
Bilben is offline  
Old 10-29-2015, 06:07 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Bilben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Yukon, Canada
Posts: 400
Default

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I would take a small sandwich and test out the machine at the dealership. DSM are just like cars, you have to get out there and test drive them. I did that when I was trying to decide on getting a Bernina in the late 90s.
I would love to test drive machines, but I live 25 hours away from the nearest city that would sell them. We only have one quilt shop here and it is a Bernina shop, which are too expensive for me.
Bilben is offline  
Old 10-30-2015, 07:17 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Northwest suburb of Chicago
Posts: 64
Default

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
when I had my straight stitch Juki, I used it on a frame for quilting... it worked great. i love my F600 for sewing. I tried FMQ on it one day and ended up with nests on the back. i'm sure it was operator error. i never tried the FMQ again. If i could have only one, i'd choose the F600 as i'm sure the FMQ could be adjusted to work fine. I've not been any good FMQng on any DSM i'owned, so i won't say that it can't do a good job.
What frame did you have your Juki on? I'm looking for one and can't decide what to get.
GrammaSue is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
azure68
Main
32
03-09-2013 08:36 PM
BellaBoo
Main
9
06-26-2012 06:21 PM
wantanaquilt
Main
2
05-23-2012 07:34 PM
BrendaY
Main
0
06-22-2011 08:16 AM
mKYwright
Main
3
04-06-2011 05:28 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.