Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Juki 98E users

Blog Entries
    Greetings! I got my new to me juki for my frame, yea! Only no manual, so I have a few questions.......
    1. What size needle is needed for basic fmq'ing?
    2. She came with only one bobbin. I like several ready when I'm working, so I need to get more. What kind?
    3. I have several large serger cotton? Spools of thread. Can I use this thread on this machine?
    4. I read somewhere on here that she will get really thirsty....what's the best type of oil to give her drinks?
    5. For future reference....can a stitch regulator be hooked up to her?
    6. Any do's or don'ts I should keep in mind about her?
    I've been told she is a work horse, I just want to make her at home now, and take good care of her, so any hints, tips and ideas are greatly appreciated...

Blog Entries
    I have an 18 needle on mine... but that is just my personal preference. I've never used serger thread for my quilting... i read somewhere that it has fewer strands and is not as twisted. I use regular sewing machine oil on it and don't find a great need to oil it more than any other. I have a Quilter's Cruise Control on mine... they are specific to different brands. It really is a work horse. I just love mine. If you google "juki tl98e manual" you will find many sites where you can get a manual. hth

Blog Entries
    Thank you.....the info is really helpful

Blog Entries
    you're welcome. enjoy!

I had a Juki 98Q and it worked wonderfully on a frame. But I did find it needed a lot of oil. The lady I bought it from warned me that it was a thirsty machine, and I found it to be so. Congrats and enjoy!