Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki and table question >

Juki and table question

Juki and table question

Old 04-24-2015, 05:48 AM

Default Juki and table question

I have the 2010 set into a standard Koala Lite cabinet. I can just open the bobbin cover. There is a gap of 2 1/2"+ between machine and edge of opening. I'd like to cover the gap.

I can just set the table that came with the Juki around the machine, but the 2 center legs have to go down in the opening. That puts the machine farther into the center of the table where I don't want it.

Can you get those legs off the table? I'd buy a different table, but none seem to allow for the opening of the bobbin cover. Since the cover is attached to the needle plate, I can't remove it unless those screws that hold the white piece of plastic can be removed.

Those of you who use a Gidget or Sew Ezi table, what do you do about setting the machine flush?
Old 04-24-2015, 01:52 PM

I have a Gidget 2 that I use without the extension that came with the Juki. I use the acrylic insert that I got with the table so it sits flush. When I have to change the bobbin, most of the time I can reach ok without moving the insert, but If I need any extra space, I just lift the insert up and slide it over an inch or two and slide it back when I'm done. It's hard to see in this pic, but it does have the acrylic insert around the machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517941[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails juki.jpg  
Old 04-24-2015, 02:16 PM

So you do have to move the insert. Thanks for confirming that. I can just get my hand in with 2" of space.

With the Brother 1500, I took the door off the bobbin compartment.

Since the Koala is a standard table (fits Pfaff 2170), I won't be able to get an insert. I'll have to find a table that I can take the legs off and adapt. Gaposis lets the fabric drop through.