Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just bought a Brother PE 770 embroidery machine last night!

Checked the Metro site and they are out of stock with just about everything! Thanks for your suggestions; I'll look for the other brands. I had already discovered embrlibrary.com...now to figure out how to use the USB stick! Do you download to your computer first, then transfer them to the stick, then to the machine?? Just never used one before. You gals are so patient with me!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!!! I have machine envy!! Love her well.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

I have thePE770 also. I download designs to computer in PES format preferably (it will also take DST). I transfer then all my downloads from the computer on a separate USB and back up also on disk.(double back up) I lost all my designs one time and don't take any chances. Then I only download the ones I work on on a separte USB stick and use that one in my machine. The pictures on the PE770 are not that clear and I don't want to embroider the wrong one. When I am done with them I delete them from that particular stick and download the next one or two.
    The picture screen on the PE770 is not that clear, so therefore I don't donwload too many at the same time (less confusion). I use a standing spool holder and at times also the netting to keep the thread from coming off. I mosly use polyester thread.Have fun with the machine. I like mine, but as always there is a learning curve. If you need any more info, e-mail me. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by sylviak View Post
    Checked the Metro site and they are out of stock with just about everything! Thanks for your suggestions; I'll look for the other brands. I had already discovered embrlibrary.com...now to figure out how to use the USB stick! Do you download to your computer first, then transfer them to the stick, then to the machine?? Just never used one before. You gals are so patient with me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2