Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Questions about Brother PE 770 Embroidery machine >

Questions about Brother PE 770 Embroidery machine

Questions about Brother PE 770 Embroidery machine

Old 05-31-2012, 09:21 PM

Default Questions about Brother PE 770 Embroidery machine

I just got my new machien today!!! Love it! I want to know about downloading designs from the internet to a thumb drive.
If someone can explain in a step method how to do it, I would appreciate it. I have some downloaded to my computer, but can't open them. I am thinking the obvious answer is that I need some software to do this with. What kind and is a purchase software or a freebie?

I had a ton of other questions, but can't seem to remember them right now. I am sure it will come to my mind.....about 2 AM of course!

TIA
Old 05-31-2012, 09:39 PM

I have had mine for over a year now. Haven't done much on it though. I know to get started, just load one on your jump drive and insert it into the machine. It can be selected then, and stitched out. What I have learned though is that you need to download the picture with the file. There are programs for cataloging your files but they are a bit on the spendy side. Yes, we need to get one in order for any stored files to make any sense. I have no idea which ones are preferred - so if anyone can recommend a good software program for us - I need to get one too. Mine came with a CD and I have been able to stitch some of those out. But the program for storing and cataloging is a must (which is why I only use the machine on an as needed basis right now). Hope we get some answers...
Hugs,
Gayle

PS But I do love, love, love the machine! No problems yet - just extra nudging when attaching the extra large hoop. Also mine doesn't like sulky...
Old 06-01-2012, 04:27 AM
Power Poster

the files can't be in a folder or 'zipped' (compressed). For a test, move one FILE to your desktop (probably ends with .PES) then move that file to your thumb drive. If the file ends in .ZIP, double click on it and see if you get an option to uncompress it or expand it. Your PC's operating system may be able to do it by itself or you may need to get a program that unzips the file like WinZip.
to view the files on your PC, you can dowload "Ambassador" which is a free application. Click the link on the right side of the page that says "Free sizing and embroidery format conversion software"
http://www.pulsemicro.com/embroidery/index.htm
Old 06-01-2012, 04:47 AM

Ambassador is free so that's a good thing. I like to keep things simple so I got Buzz Tools just so i could see the designs and know what i'm choosing to load. Buzz Tools is kind of out-dated now for tech but it works for me. Free would've been much better! i also have PEDBasic which is a dandy little no-brainer program..it writes to cards. I find i use it the most bc I only embroider in spurts and dislike having to re-learn the process each time so i turn to what i know best. I have the 770 and like that it uses both cards and the other too. Interesting about the sulky..its all i use and seems to work fine for me.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:27 AM

I use a great little program call Sew What Pro...actually the SewIconz part of it. Once unzipped, you can select the PES design and delete the rest which saves a lot of room on your hard drive. I save my designs to Documents/EmbroideryDesigns/category. Easy to find what I want. I like the Sew What Pro because each portion of it is "stand-a-lone" so I can buy just the parts I need. Of course, I have them all now!! Software is relatively inexpensive and they have great customer service along with a Yahoo group. Sands Computing sells the program.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:52 PM

Thanks for the responses, I got it figured out with the freebie ones I downloaded. My file that I saved to my thumb drive was still zipped. Now I just gotta look into the labelling of them, like the cataloging programs. I might just create one in Excel or something. Off to download more freebies...later on I will look at the ones I want to buy extra.