Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Just bought a Singer 301a on ebay!

It was insured-I will contact the sender and let them know what happened and see what comes of it. It is just a shame that it messed up some of the beauty of the machine :(

It didn't come with a manual! I can't even figure out how to pull up the bobbin thread or even how to remove the bobbin case. Anyone esle have one of these beauties who can offer suggestions?

Blog Entries
    I love your 301a! I got one a while back on Ebay also. I lucked up and got it for $65, including shipping. Mine is also in a case but it is a short-bed. I am hoping to get it serviced soon and start sewing on in.

Hi there should be a little lever on the bobbin case itself pull it out and the case should come out. I used to sew on my Mom's 301 that was 30 years ago so i am pretty sure thats how you do it. I know you have to put the presser foot down. than turn the wheel to lower the needle and bring it up and pull and the bobbin thread should come up.
    I sure made the biggest mistake when I sold my moms 301 after she died because I had a new singer and never thought I would use the 301. Mistake. good luck with yours.
    Marg

My 301 and featherweights are my favorite machines. My 301 is in a cabinet and sewing with it makes me smile, it's a great machine. I got mine from a Craigslist add, drove 100 miles to get it. Enjoy your super machine!

iif it is used for quilting think it is a walking foot.
    I just found a 301a and didn't know what it was.
    In a nearby town, called and going back and get it for $30!

a singer feather weight weights 11 lbs and a 301 14 lbs

Blog Entries
    I have a black 301A with all the attachments. I love it. It sits next to my black FW.

I have both, the 301 and FW's. I too prefer the 301. Love tha old vintage machines. To bad they don't make them like that anymore.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3