Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just unpacked new emb machine!!!

I just picked up a new Brother PE-770 last night, I am unpacking it out of the box this morning. I am scheduled for a class in 2 weeks, in the mean time they told me to familiarize myself with the machine.

Any advice from the experts would be appreciated. What accessories should I be looking at?

Hope you enjoy your new machine. You'll definitely need threads.

I have the brother quattro 6000D and never took a class. I chose brother because their machines are very user friendly. Just read over your manual first. (unless you're a man...LOL)

Can't help you because mine is new to me. But congratulations!!! I hear as bamamama says that Brother is very user friendly. I have the Babylock version of the Quattro and chose the line because they are intuitive.

Enjoy your new machine!!

Have fun with your new machine. I would love to see a pic.

Read your book and acquaint yourself with each part and piece of the machine. Practice threading, winding the bobbin, check out stabilizers and their differences. Go to a LQS, fabric store or sewing store that carries thread and familiarize with these. Machine embroidery is a whole new world and yes you will truly enjoy it.

I don't have that machine but you will need tons of different stabilizers, thread and designs. If you are going to applique, there is a double curved pair of scissors that I found to be extremely helpful. There is also Peggy's stitch eraser that is amazing for "do-overs".

I like this place for their products, prices AND their service http://www.allstitch.net/index.cfm Good luck, and enjoy your new machine!

I have the 770---tips it likes heavy stabilizers *LOL*
    I love my machine, never had any classes - I've had mine just since
    the end of Feb-and I just finished a quilt made with 8 designs of a Gardening Sunbonnet Sue.....good luck with yours Rita

Brother is very user friendly. I took mine out of the box and started embroidering right away. there are places you can get samplers of different stabilizers-allstitch might be one-and you will need an assortment of thread. I have coats and clark and maderia/robeson that i use. I watch for sales. embroidery Library has beautiful designs at very reasonable prices. Have fun!

Congratulations! I just got mine too. There is no Brother dealer here, so I am teaching myself. So far it's not too hard. I just keep the book handy and follow the instructions as I try a new step. I've already made several small things, and I've only had mine a week. Enjoy the classes. Oh, I want the other hoop sizes. Amazon carries a kit that includes several items for $99, a pretty good savings on "each" prices.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast