Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kenmore sewing machines being discontinued

Blog Entries

Kenmore sewing machines being discontinued

Sears still has the needles and bobbins on line only but they too are being discontinued....they only have three types left. I bought 300.00 worth of needles and bobbins since they are cheaper than Jamones and the other brands do not work on my jamone or my kenmore.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Wow. The end of an era. So much change, sigh; I must be getting old.
    Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

What is going on with Sears and Kenmore????

Blog Entries
    Janome also makes the Kenmore sewing machine so if you have either you may want to stock up. The bobbins and needles fit both machines but the kenmore ones are cheaper than buying the needles and bobbins at the Janome dealer.

Mom has a like new Kenmore and she doesn't use it but I will get it someday so I'd better look into getting some before they get rid of them. Thanks for the heads up on this one.
    Debra

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    Sears sewing machines, like Montgomery Wards and other chain stores have always had their machines made by other companies... all the way back to when my mother was buying her first machines. This is true of many other Sears appliances and machines, they do not come from Sears themselves, they come from subcontractors... there have also been other times in the past when they did not sell various machines, including sewing machines for several years... have heart, folks, they'll be back....

You can use Janome, Schmitz (sp), Klasse needles on Kenmore Machines. Do not use generitc brands Like Dritz and United Notions

What a shame the Kenmore sewing machines are being discontinued. I have used one for years.
    Just bought a new one a year or so ago. Guess I had better stock up on some of the attachments.
    Doris1334

Kenmore machines are made by the Janome Co.

I had a Sears machine for many years before I upgraded to my Bernina. I gave mine to my sister. Not sure if she is still using it or even still has it. I will have to let her know to stock up if she is still using it. (She lives about 8 hours from me, and we haven't talked about her sewing in a long time...though I know she still does a lot of cross-stitch and other needlework.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast