Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Kindle and quilting books >

Kindle and quilting books

Kindle and quilting books

Old 04-30-2013, 05:10 AM

I have an iPad and have d/l apps for every book reader and d/l all my magazines on them now. I like it that way and as far as being able to use it my iPad will go back to where I left off in a magazine. I can easily just lay it and use the instructions to projects or print it out for a particular project if I want to.

Saves me from having so many magazines or books in the house.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:16 AM

Strange regarding iPad. I have the II and III iPad and they always d/l in color. Another reason I like it on my iPad is magazines always have online links for freebies or videos showing techniques talked about in these magazines and all I do is click on it and it starts playing instantly. No need to go online and search for it.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
I prefer printed quilt books so I can photo copy the pattern and write on it which fabrics I am using and where and make notes in case I use the pattern again.
Most book readers and iPad allow you to highlight info or jot down notes so for me no need to make photo copies and write on it. I just take my iPad with me.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:02 PM

This may be a silly question, but how do you get your patterns from your I pad to print? I have a Android tablet, but I do not have a wireless printer,and have been under the impression that I could not print
Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
I really like my kindle but I prefer technical books in hand. I can lay them down for 15 to 20 min and come right back to the place I stopped without having to reopen the book and finding my page again. That's just me, I also take the quilt books I really like into our local office supply store and have them turned into spiral binding, so they will lay flat.
I prefer "real" books too and I too take mine to be spiraled...so much easier to work with a flat book. And with book I can make notes if necessary.....don't know if can be done electronically...sure it can be, but easier for me to grab pencil and just jot.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:51 AM

I read books on my Kindle all the time but I have yet to buy a quilting book ...
tried some cookbooks before and found they were harder to use, and thought quilt books may be the same ... I'm sticking with hard copies, I want to enjoy them in full size & color !

Last edited by TexasGurl; 05-01-2013 at 08:08 AM.