Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: kitchens

I am thinking about selling table runners, placemats, potholders, etc. at a local Street Fair. I need ideas for what colors to use. What color kitchens and dining rooms do you have?

My kitchen is green with purple accents. Probably not your typical colors but they are my favorites. Dh was not crazy about purple on the walls, that's why they are green. My dining room has Teal carpets, but I use a lot of blues, burgandy and green.

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Mine has lots of sunny yellow, I like that colour in a kitchen. I love sunflowers too, I don't have any in my kitchen but I've seen a lot of sunflower themed kitchens.
    Also, earth tones, rusts, oranges... I think that would look nice.

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    My kitchen is green with purple accents. Probably not your typical colors but they are my favorites. Dh was not crazy about purple on the walls, that's why they are green. My dining room has Teal carpets, but I use a lot of blues, burgandy and green.
    Ooo, I love green and purple! My last kitchen was green, my bf drew the line at purple, even though I would have loved it.
    In my next place, my sewing room will be purple accents!

Mine is white and green with red accents. No, it doesn't look like Christmas! However, I know a few people who have blue kitchens. How about holiday themes?

Mine is Robin's Egg Blue. I decorate it with antique hand painted china plates. White cabinets.

Mine is white with blue accents. Ivy and birdhouses line the tops of the cupboards.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    My kitchen is open plan to the diner, living room and the walls are a creamy, yellow; I have a lots of stuff - knick knacks (dust gatherers, my Mum calls them!) about the place, oh, and quilts of course! So I chose a muted background! But any potholders, placemats or tablerunners in any colours at all would fit right in! Just send 'em over, Janie!

K x

Mine is blue and silver.

Go to book stores and peruse the shelves of decorating magazines. You can get inspirations from the pictures in there.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast