Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: kitchens

My kitchen is done in red, white and blue. I have vintage wallcovering that has old fashioned water pumps, butter churns, flowers and butterflies. It is a creamy color with shades of brown for the items. I live in a rental so I'm stuck with it. I have red gingham curtains. I have blue cookware, blue and white dinnerware, and blue handled silverware. I have wicker baskets, watermelons, advertising tins, Depression glass, wire egg baskets and miniature quilts decorating the kitchen. My dining area and kitchen are combined. I use various themed table runners. Some of the themes are watermelons, cows, Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day, Easter, frogs and some are various colors of quilt blocks that I made into table runners. I use quilted, crocheted and knitted potholders and hot pads that I've made over the years.

I guess you could say that my kitchen/dining area is done with a Country Theme.

my kitchen is teal ice- a pale teal color. I wanted it like no one else's. I've been told it's very 80's so I've picked out "Atmospheric" a blue/grey color from Benjamin Moore. I saw it in a Pottery Barn catalog. It will go with my teal countertops and oak cabinets.

Barb

Blog Entries
    I was going to say the same as redquilter. Mine is a blue green with red accents. I can use red, black ,yellow,blue, I guess almost any color. My dining room is real light color andIdecorate to go with season. Looking at magazines should give you ideas of current trends to.

My kitchen is peach melba with a white ceiling. Nice and bright

My kitchen is a butter yellow color accented with green and red. Kind of a Tuscan theme.

I had this idea for a great gimmick for selling Kitchen things...
    You have heard of BED IN A BAG ? How about KITCHEN IN A BASKET.
    Valance to fit a 4' wide window, 4 Placemats, Apron, Oven mitt shell (fit over plain oven mitts), and maybe a table runner... all in a cute wicker basket.

Here's where I get some decorating inspiration... http://www.countryporch.com/curtains/valances/

i think that's a great idea! maybe some upscale store near you would start
    you on consignment. they don't split fairly, but it gets the word out. put a cute label tied with a ribbon to each basket. sometimes there are easter craft sales at the local schools or churches. just charge enough to make it worthwhile. go for it, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    i think that's a great idea! maybe some upscale store near you would start
    you on consignment. they don't split fairly, but it gets the word out. put a cute label tied with a ribbon to each basket. sometimes there are easter craft sales at the local schools or churches. just charge enough to make it worthwhile. go for it, girl!
    if you include a label, they could order additional valances.
    Loretta, great idea.

that is so cool! I've been looking for ideas for wedding shower prizes!

Thanks!

Here's a picture of my kitchen. It looks small in this picture, but it really isn't. It has a bar on the opposite side and then opens up to a nice dining area. But I just want to show you the bright "yellow" in the kitchen. The dining area is avocado green. The living room is brown. I'm sure it has some fancy name because an interior design person lived in it before we moved in. I can't wait to paint!

[IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...4/IM_A0092.jpg[/IMG]

i love the tiles behind your stove. when we redid our kitchen it cost mucho bucks and i didn't want to go the final yard (i'm so.......uhmmmm,.careful .........with money LOL!). but dh put up a large sheet of thick glass cut to fit just like your tiles and boy is it great for cleaning. don't you just love that easy to clean surface?

My kitchen has med dusty rose walls, with a navy border with fruits in pale gold, deep rosy pink, purple, greens. and blush pink tile floor with cherry cabinets...might sound awful, but really very pretty.

Margie

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    My kitchen is green with purple accents. Probably not your typical colors but they are my favorites.
    Purple and green are my favorites, too! I'll bet your kitchen is beautiful.

A friend and I have lighthouse them for our kitchen, but can't find much to use. I have a bathroom lotion dispenser for my hand soup.

I have been doing craft fairs for three years now and what sells at one will not necessarily sell at another - even the same craft fair in a different year. I have used a myriad of colors for placemats and throws. I have found no color sells better than another color. I usually use a print of some sort on one side of the placemat and a solid on the back. I sold a LOT of college/university ones. Living in the Austin area, I made University of Texas ones and Texas A&M ones. The A&M ones sell better for some reason!! For craft fairs around Christmas, I use a variety of Christmas material and for the Spring, I use spring flowers. In answer to your kitchen question, mine is teal with oak cabinets. Good luck!!

I think different areas of the country probably would have different color schemes. If I were selling these items, I would check out my local freinds and family to see what colors they are using.

I live in the northeast and my kitchen scheme is blue, red with a touch of yellow.
    In my dining room I tend to use navy, cranberry and cream.

Hope this helps.

Mary M

My kitchen is white with yellow curtains, and strawberry and pineapple ceramic hangings under the cabinets. On the ceiling beams I hung a strawberry border that has white, green, yellow and red. On the ceiling is a trellis wallpaper in what I call garden green. In looking at HGTV many kitchens are Tuscony inspired - golden yellows or if more modern teal, lots of chrome sometimes with red accents or bold yellow accents. Hope this helps.

Candlelight yellow. There's no comparison between what's available at most stores and home made quilted items. Good luck!

ours is kind of a cement color - with white cabinets

Hi,

My kitchen has some navy blue and burgundy wall paper and my theme is apples.....has wallpaper right now, but soon (I hope!) to be gone! I do tans with accents of navy and apples.

Bev

I like yellow in the kitchen also and most anything will go with it. Would you be interested in sharing some of your placemat patterns? I have one pattern that I like but would like to have a couple more. I don't like making the same thing twice. I want to make some to be used as raffle items at a couple of organizations that I belong to.

Thanks....Judyjo

Mine is white, but have barn red accents. Covered chicken candy dishes decorate the top of my cabinets and have lots of chicken and farm animal table runners and table cloths that I have made.

Mine is purple with gray/black accents.

Blog Entries
    I have done those for crafts shows. Why not also do some based on upcoming holidays-- St. Pat's day & Easter. Also Apple theme is good in our area. Good luck!

Brown, rust and black chefs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast