Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Koala Cabinet

My great granddaughter locked my Koala cabinet and I have been looking for the key for the past 3 month. It is a skeleton key. Does anyone out there have a key that I could get a copy made? I need my sewing therapy and I am at my wits end.
    HELP??!! :-(

Oh no....have you contacted Koala? I'm sure they have replacements.

I'll bet any Koala dealer could lend you a key. The keys to my cabinets bought in 2007 and 2010 are the same. For sure replacements can be ordered.

No such luck. Koala no longer makes these cabinets. They have sold the rights to a USA company and their cabinets do not come with keys. Check with a local store in UTAH and the store I bought them from in California and they do not have any spare keys. Also check with Sewing with Nancy and no one has a key. I have been searching on the internet and bumped into this site so I decided to post a request. Thanks for your input. I will continue to search.

Are there any key numbers on your keys. I bought mine in 2006. So they are probably the same key. Is there any way you could have a duplicate made I would be glad to send pay the locksmith for a duplicate. Or if both are the same I would be willing to buy one from you.

Where do you live??? Maybe we can find someone near you.

Call a locksmith, I'm afraid I would have broken the lock, no way would I go more than a few hours without sewing.

It may be a little costly, but call a locksmith. They can open any lock. Good luck

What about craigslist or ebay?

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    I dont have a Koala I have a Horn cabinet..so dont know if they are similar..
    I just looked at mine and depending on the construction of your cabinet you might be able to try this..
    On my Horn underneath there is no panel and if i was desperate like you I would be able to slide under some timber and get it higher off the floor then you could slide in there and unscrew the lock from the inside..on my Horn there are screws... again I dont know what your cabinet is like..but surely worth a try?
    Let me know if this works for you..
    Another thing you could try is get some heavy gauge wire and bend it into a key shape at the end and you might just be able to get it open.
    Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast