Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Lable Stencil

HELP I am almost done LOL about time with Davids quilt and I need a stencil for the label. I have googled and came up with Iron on and books and templets to buy.
    I am not looking for anything fancy just something manly but not the kid fishing( he hates fishing) That I can trace on the fabric with perm markers and fill in the info.
    I know I saw some that you could download but I cant remeber where now :?

Blog Entries
    I am sorry, but I can't help you with this. Maybe someone else can. Good Luck.

I found these but they are again the type you print out

http://quiltingpassion.com/labels.html

Have you thought of using the Auto Shapes in Word? They can be created in a word document any size and are simple line images that would be easy to do with markers. You could also use clip art.

MsSage,

I have only put lables on two of my quilts. In both cases, I went online and found a suitable image/picture related to the quilt or person it was for. I put that into a Word file, then used the font/size I like and typed what I wanted to say beside it. I printed it out on paper a few times to make sure I had everything the way I wanted it. Then, I taped an appropriately sized piece of plain fabric onto a piece of paper and ran it thru the printer to be printed. I cut the final piece of fabric to the correct size/shape, then made a tiny binding and sewed it around it. Then I sewed it onto the quilt by hand. I left out that I pressed it with a hot iron a couple of times to set the ink. It worked well for me. Hope this helps.

Banned
    Some of these are not too friilly and look pretty easy to trace. http://www.wannaquilt.com/labels/labels1.pdf

Here are some more, nothing really manly but there are 20 or so. At the bottom of the page click on nex entry to go to more, several pages.

http://quilttags.com/?cat=3&paged=3

Quote Originally Posted by MsSage
    HELP I am almost done LOL about time with Davids quilt and I need a stencil for the label. I have googled and came up with Iron on and books and templets to buy.
    I am not looking for anything fancy just something manly but not the kid fishing( he hates fishing) That I can trace on the fabric with perm markers and fill in the info.
    I know I saw some that you could download but I cant remeber where now :?
    MsSage: Did you ever find downloadable quilt labels? Here arfe some sites that might help you get what you want or need. I also checked out ALOT.com for labels...they have some,too.

www.cjenkinscompany.com
    www.shopsmarter.com/se--quilting%2Blabels.html
    www.reddawn.net/quilt/cliplabl.htm
    www.nmia.com

I've printed a few of these onto printable fabric sheets.

http://www.junetailor.com/Creativity...uiltLabels.htm

Pam, those are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Sage ~ how about using a pigment pen and writing what you want on white fabric/muslin and using scraps from the front to make a border frame around the the label then stitching it on.