Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Layer Cake question

I just bought my first layer cake, actually I bought two, they were $35.00 for both, I couldn't pass up that deal. Moda "Gypsy Rose" and "Patisserie" They are colors I don't usually go for, but they really are pretty and I thought this would be a good way to stretch myself a bit. Any advise on what to do with them, as far as patterns that work well with them, I'd sure appreciate.

On the back of them do they have a picture showing how you can cut them?

Here's one if you didn't get one. http://www.unitednotions.com/measure...ke-cutting.pdf

You might also do a search on layer cake quilts and see what comes up.. (I'm into the charms lately myself) :lol:

Layer cakes can also be cut into fourths, making each piece the size of a 'charm' - 5".

The Moda Bake Shop also has tons of ideas for all of their pre-cut fabrics. They have new ideas every month. You can find them here:

modabakeshop.com

There's even a pattern on there for a swing skirt using a layer cake and some strips. Too cute!