Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: layout help with my first quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by cheaha39 View Post
    I like it, but for me I would have to loose the yellow. The yellow just grabs my eyes and I miss the overall quilt. But that is just me and my old eyes. For me it would be more purple.
    I also think that the yellow would find a different quilt. I love the quilt pattern.
    WORKING FOR JESUS

very interesting. I havent see this before. I like it!
    Vicki Mc in SC
    www.jacksonpatchquilt.blogspot.com

The 2 bright yellows draw my eye to the . Maybe spread them out more and turn the bright yellows so they are on the bottom as well.

I love the colors and the design, you are doing a great job, love to see the finished quilt please.
    God Bless you all.
    Heather.

I think it's pretty.

I love the new arrangement. It flows better!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by PTM View Post
    This is my first shot at quilting. I figured I could probably sew pretty straight lines, so chose this pattern. Plus I love it!

I'm not quite happy with the layout of the small strips, but I can't quite figure out why. Does anyone have any suggestions for moving elements around? This current look is what the instructions said to do, but it's not grabbing me, yet. Or is it just because it's hanging on the wall?

I hope the color comes out ok on this site. On my Mac, I can never tell how images are going to look.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm about to go nuts with it.

Thanks. Lori
    You've got a great start. I think I would lay out the strips a little differently. Start with one color, say the yellow, in the top of the first row, then take that yellow to the next row but start it where the first row ends, then take that yellow to the third row and start it down the row where it ends in the 2nd row. So on and so on. Then start with the next softer or color that strikes your fancy and blends with the yellow, moving it into the spots after the yellows. It might give it movement with the cloud effect.

Is that clear as mud? Do I need to take it to paint and do some coloring or do you get my meaning? I really like the fabrics and the quilt. You are doing a great job!!!
    Proud Blue Star Mother of US Soldier after serving in Afghanistan, He's home to Alaska! That brave man is home!!!
    Mimi to an Airman. Proud Aunt to a Sailor and Airman. My prayers continue for all our wonderful generous military and their families!

Quote Originally Posted by PTM View Post
    OK, this rearrangement looks a lot better and more like the pattern. I need to figure out what to do about 1 more blending fabric. To use more of one that's already in use, or get another one!
    Yes, I agree. Much better. Very pretty.
    Sweet Caroline

For my own personal taste, I would probably drop the yellow and replace with the muted blue or the medium purple. Even if you decide to leave the yellow, it's a gorgeous quilt. Just a matter of what each person likes the best.

I like the new arrangement much better. It will be a great quilt when done. Well done.
    Rules of Life:1-Don't take anything personally 2-Integrity of words and deeds 3-Don't make assumptions 4-Do your best

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3