View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 06:08 PM
mimisharon

Originally Posted by PTM View Post
This is my first shot at quilting. I figured I could probably sew pretty straight lines, so chose this pattern. Plus I love it!

I'm not quite happy with the layout of the small strips, but I can't quite figure out why. Does anyone have any suggestions for moving elements around? This current look is what the instructions said to do, but it's not grabbing me, yet. Or is it just because it's hanging on the wall?

I hope the color comes out ok on this site. On my Mac, I can never tell how images are going to look.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm about to go nuts with it.

Thanks. Lori
You've got a great start. I think I would lay out the strips a little differently. Start with one color, say the yellow, in the top of the first row, then take that yellow to the next row but start it where the first row ends, then take that yellow to the third row and start it down the row where it ends in the 2nd row. So on and so on. Then start with the next softer or color that strikes your fancy and blends with the yellow, moving it into the spots after the yellows. It might give it movement with the cloud effect.

Is that clear as mud? Do I need to take it to paint and do some coloring or do you get my meaning? I really like the fabrics and the quilt. You are doing a great job!!!