Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Lesson Learned...

Oh my goodness! I can feel it from here. I would almost rather have a broken leg than a cut of any kind. (notice I said almost). Hope you feel better. Get a nice cup of hot chocolate (do not spill it on yourself) and watch an old movie.

OUCH-but I did just that recently & applied an old remedy to the wound that really helped it heal....I applied blk.pepper right away..Does not burn or sting, but it speeds the clotting & healing/ I wrapped my finger in gauze leaving the pepper on, what a mess-but I did not ruin the project I was sewing.

Quote Originally Posted by FAYE
    OUCH-but I did just that recently & applied an old remedy to the wound that really helped it heal....I applied blk.pepper right away..Does not burn or sting, but it speeds the clotting & healing/ I wrapped my finger in gauze leaving the pepper on, what a mess-but I did not ruin the project I was sewing.
    Wow, pepper!?! Really? I'm going to have to try and remember that. I'm allergic to Visine, and most other chemicals, so any kind of old fashioned remedy that works can be a lifesaver for me. Thanks for sharing!

Oh my... hope you are on the mend! I almost cut my finger a week or so ago.... and two days ago I bought a "Klutz Glove". I figure better safe than sorry. And I too like the cutters that automatically close. They seem to work very well for me.

I know what you all mean, when I wasn't feeling well I backed my car into my son's off duty police car! :roll:

Banned
    I hate that you cut your finger, Trust me I know how you feel.

I cut the top of my index finder completely off a few months back while doing something stupid that involved the biggest sharpest knife we own and a banana. :roll: And I refused to go to the hospital to sew it on so I put the top of my finger back on and bandaged it up real good and let the good Lord handle the rest!

I still have stupidity written on my forehead from that one.

Lesson: never mix cold/flu medicine with sharp objects!!!

Billy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3