Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Let the Virtual Quilt Weekend Begin...

Let the Virtual Quilt Weekend Begin...

While I realize it's only Thursday night here in the US, I wanted to make sure I included our overseas friends so I'm starting this thread a little early. But everyone is invited to begin now if they want

Welcome to Virtual Quilt Weekend. Please come and go as is convenient for you over the course of the next 3 days. Let us know what you plan to work on and show us pictures of your progress. I'm working on various holiday projects. I prepped a few today so I can start right in sewing tomorrow.

Let's see how much we all get done this weekend.
    Heather

Blog Entries
    I got two quilts back from the LAQ today, so I'm busy admiring them tonight! I did get a flannel quilt sandwiched today for tying, and I sewed a bunch of 3.5 inch squares together for a future project. Probably work on both this weekend--plus an experiment in making napkins.
    Courtesy is not optional.

I'm in, sort of. Nanowrimo also starts this weekend but I have a cold so I will be staying in. However, in between writing a novel, I would like to get this quilt top completely put together.Name:  2007-02-12 16.31.58sm.jpg
Views: 1574
Size:  438.6 KB I have made a few changes to layout since this photo was taken, but I'll leave that for later.

The other projects I might be working on this weekend are my scrappy flying geese for my stars quilt and my stormy sea drunkard's path quilt

Name:  2007-02-12 16.32.32sm.jpg
Views: 1581
Size:  343.8 KBName:  2007-01-27 06.25.03sm.jpg
Views: 1568
Size:  176.5 KB
    Last edited by kaelynangelfoot; 10-31-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    All your projects are gorgeous but I especially love your OBW. What was the original fabric?
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Blog Entries
    OK, I'm ready. I just checked my little quilting den and I have 2 pillowcases half done, 2 1/2 small quilts to bind and 1 QFK all cut out. After I whip them all out I can cut some more QFKs. I love VQWs...I seem to get so much done just trying to keep up with all of you.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Your projects are stunning. Love the blue OBW.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    All your projects are gorgeous but I especially love your OBW. What was the original fabric?
    Thank you! Here is a photo of the original. I found it at JoAnns, they also have it in a couple other colors.

Name:  2007-01-25 13.42.21sm.jpg
Views: 1581
Size:  176.5 KB

I'll join you after work tomorrow (Friday). I'm working on a postage stamp quilt and making H blocks (9 patch variation) for a later quilt.

Love the posted quilts so far and the fabric for the OBW. I'd love to use it as is, instead of cutting it up so small.
    Sue Wilson

I hope to join - I have 2 baby and a couch quilt to get cut and pieced this weekend!

I hope to join, trying to get my DH's quilt done without him seeing it... hard when you're together 24/7. At the moment just waiting for our 1st little trick or treaters!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast