Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Let the Virtual Quilt Weekend Begin...

Let the Virtual Quilt Weekend Begin...

While I realize it's only Thursday night here in the US, I wanted to make sure I included our overseas friends so I'm starting this thread a little early. But everyone is invited to begin now if they want

Welcome to Virtual Quilt Weekend. Please come and go as is convenient for you over the course of the next 3 days. Let us know what you plan to work on and show us pictures of your progress. I'm working on various holiday projects. I prepped a few today so I can start right in sewing tomorrow.

Let's see how much we all get done this weekend.
    Heather

Blog Entries
    I got two quilts back from the LAQ today, so I'm busy admiring them tonight! I did get a flannel quilt sandwiched today for tying, and I sewed a bunch of 3.5 inch squares together for a future project. Probably work on both this weekend--plus an experiment in making napkins.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

I'm in, sort of. Nanowrimo also starts this weekend but I have a cold so I will be staying in. However, in between writing a novel, I would like to get this quilt top completely put together.Name:  2007-02-12 16.31.58sm.jpg
Views: 1684
Size:  438.6 KB I have made a few changes to layout since this photo was taken, but I'll leave that for later.

The other projects I might be working on this weekend are my scrappy flying geese for my stars quilt and my stormy sea drunkard's path quilt

Name:  2007-02-12 16.32.32sm.jpg
Views: 1683
Size:  343.8 KBName:  2007-01-27 06.25.03sm.jpg
Views: 1651
Size:  176.5 KB
    Last edited by kaelynangelfoot; 10-31-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    All your projects are gorgeous but I especially love your OBW. What was the original fabric?
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Blog Entries
    OK, I'm ready. I just checked my little quilting den and I have 2 pillowcases half done, 2 1/2 small quilts to bind and 1 QFK all cut out. After I whip them all out I can cut some more QFKs. I love VQWs...I seem to get so much done just trying to keep up with all of you.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Your projects are stunning. Love the blue OBW.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    All your projects are gorgeous but I especially love your OBW. What was the original fabric?
    Thank you! Here is a photo of the original. I found it at JoAnns, they also have it in a couple other colors.

Name:  2007-01-25 13.42.21sm.jpg
Views: 1659

I'll join you after work tomorrow (Friday). I'm working on a postage stamp quilt and making H blocks (9 patch variation) for a later quilt.

Love the posted quilts so far and the fabric for the OBW. I'd love to use it as is, instead of cutting it up so small.
    Sue Wilson

I hope to join - I have 2 baby and a couch quilt to get cut and pieced this weekend!

I hope to join, trying to get my DH's quilt done without him seeing it... hard when you're together 24/7. At the moment just waiting for our 1st little trick or treaters!

I hope to finish a fabric box. Recent surgery has me slow to recover, but I just might get the fabric box done!!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Wow! some great looking projects, Kaelyn.

I'm still piecing on that little scrappy I showed you all last time. DH saw it and decided that the quilt needed to be bigger, and that we needed to keep it. Okay, but I still have to make a baby quilt to give away.
    Last edited by DebraK; 10-31-2013 at 04:20 PM.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    Kaelyn, your OBW is exquisite! And you found that fabric at JoAnn's? I am on a fabric diet but I can see I am going to have to make an exception for this blue fabric. I haven't done a OBW yet but your's certainly is inspiring me.

OK, I am in. I have to tailor the sleeves on a dress jacket and a gorgeous blouse for my friend at church. That is a must since she already paid me. LOL Then, I am going to quilt some fabric to make a shoulder throw for my 85 year old Mom. Then, I have a million things I want to work on: fabric quilted boxes; purse for DGD, doll size quilts for the church bazaar that our table will be earning money for batting and backing to make quilts for those in need, quilted place mats to cover the trays we use in the living room. The list really goes on but these are the first items. I am baking a casserole size blueberry pie for my DH to take on his hunting visit with his nephews and grandnephews. I am sure it will be gone by tomorrow night!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Will plan to join you tomorrow. Working on a wall hanging now. Will have to take pix with my cell phone, then text them to my DD who in turn will email them to me so I can upload them to the forum. (I have a "dumb" phone, not a smartphone, so I can't post directly from the phone to the forum ). Also need to figure out to border or not a string quilt, so count me in!

Anita
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
    Thank you! Here is a photo of the original. I found it at JoAnns, they also have it in a couple other colors.

Name:  2007-01-25 13.42.21sm.jpg
Views: 1659
    OMGsh! I would have had a very hard time cutting into that gorgeous fabric.. Your blocks are beautiful.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Blog Entries
    I'll join you (off and on) this weekend! We will be busy with other things too this weekend.

I already started by loading a small child's quilt that needs to be quilted and bound. Then there's 5 pairs of pants to hem....does that count????? Then there's a large child's quilt I need to quilt and bind.
    If I can get that all done (or nearly done) by Sunday night, I'd be a happy quilter!
    https://napquilting.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/NAPQuilting/

My GOAL is to ALWAYS ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

Blog Entries
    wow, you have a great start. I plan to make my pincushions and finish them by sunday night.
    i'm planning on making December's and January's by the time the weekend is over.

DJ
    Greetings!

Love seeing all the beautiful projects being created!

I just finished a quilted casserole carrier (second one this week) and plan to continue stitching out some machine embroidery nativity figures. Then I have some coasters to stitch up. Next, I want to get a start on a tree skirt which will be a housewarming gift for DD#2. First, I want to pre-wash the red fabric with a color catcher. Those projects will keep me busy all weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DJ; 10-31-2013 at 04:55 PM.

I also started on the Starburst Quilt Along over at http://littlebunnyquilts.blogspot.com/.
    Here is my first block.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    I'm in too. Tomorrow Nancia is going to be here with me, so maybe we can join in. Don't know yet what I will be doing, but have plenty of things that I could work on.

Blog Entries
    Love this DebraK even though it makes my eyes go funny.
    I'm sure it wouldn't do that in person...just on my monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    Wow! some great looking projects, Kaelyn.

I'm still piecing on that little scrappy I showed you all last time. DH saw it and decided that the quilt needed to be bigger, and that we needed to keep it. Okay, but I still have to make a baby quilt to give away.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

DebraK those looks like amazing projects! I think I'll add the Starburst quilt along to my "To Do" list.

I'm very excited to hear about everyone's projects, more pics people!

Blog Entries
    I am in right after I go grocery shopping and get the house cleaned back up. I have been feeling a little under the weather for the past two days but plan on getting everything done tomorrow so I can have all day Saturday to join in. Sunday I have part of the day.

I am planning on finishing up my SS packages and then onto that Twisted Tree that keeps looming over me. See all of you then. Happy sewing and someone please throw a couple of stitches for me tomorrow. Ill pick up some goodies for us to snack on while in town. Any requests?

Blog Entries
    Just found out my FiL is cold--he lives in Florida, but is in his late 80s. So a plaid flannel quilt moves up in the queue! I have the fabric, so I'll try to cut it out tomorrow.

I've a sinus infection and both ears infected as well,so I'm working kind of slowly. Hoping the antibiotics will kick in so I can make some accomplishments this weekend.
    Last edited by AngeliaNR; 10-31-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Love your vibrant, scrappy stars! And your stormy sea fabrics are so well chosen and placed!

Quote Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
    I'm in, sort of. Nanowrimo also starts this weekend but I have a cold so I will be staying in. However, in between writing a novel, I would like to get this quilt top completely put together.Name:  2007-02-12 16.31.58sm.jpg
Views: 1684
Size:  438.6 KB I have made a few changes to layout since this photo was taken, but I'll leave that for later.

The other projects I might be working on this weekend are my scrappy flying geese for my stars quilt and my stormy sea drunkard's path quilt

Name:  2007-02-12 16.32.32sm.jpg
Views: 1683
Size:  343.8 KBName:  2007-01-27 06.25.03sm.jpg
Views: 1651

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast