Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let's talk about thread!

I have used everything from coats and Clark's, gutterman,connecting threads,mettler, sulky,superior and haven't had any problems with any. I use gutterman the most because of the sales at joanns
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Such a loaded question , only because there is such a vast number of answers. With my computerized Bernina that I bought off craigslist came about 200 cones of Isacord. So, for the most part I use it. I have recently learned to appreciate Bottomline in my bobbin. Doghousemom probably summed it up best... buy cautiously and experiment before you start laying out lots of $$$ Also, if someone else's quilting has the 'look' I like, I ask them what they used.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

I piece with whatever thread I can find that works (doesn't show through) for the colors of fabric I am piecing - trying to use up older poly threads from making clothes. But when it comes time to quilt, it's only 100% cotton as my 6600 doesn't like anything else for FMQ. I buy my cotton thread from Connecting Threads. I love the wide variety of colors and even better when it is on sale! It is a bit linty, but a more frequent cleaning of the bobbin case takes care of that.

thanks everyone! i figured these would be the answers id get but no harm in asking right? thanks a lot! looks like i have reading to look into!
    Proud owner of: Eleanor, a 1896 Willcox & Gibbs Chain Stitch Treadle; Tucci, a 1952 Singer Featherweight; my mothers Singer Touch & Sew 758; Brother XR 6060
    1910 Singer 66; Singer 99K Shadow, 1929 Singer 128 (currently w/hand crank)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2