Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: lil twister

Blog Entries
    would like a tutorial to make the lil twister quilt or table runner. including amounts of fabrics. thanks lorene

Blog Entries
    I will be watching as I too would like to learn. I am thinking that we should have the special rulers, right??

Blog Entries
    i have the small ruler. but should get the big one also.but i just wanted to make something small to start with, to see if i really want to do somrthing bigger.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by salsalady
    would like a tutorial to make the lil twister quilt or table runner. including amounts of fabrics. thanks lorene
    Do a Search at the top of the page. There are a lot of topics regarding the twister and how to make your own. We all did this back last fall, they are lots of fun.

Blog Entries
    I just finished one for the back of a quilt and the process has left me with mixed feelings. I did the little one and my piece was 5 5"sqs. across and 7 down with a 3" border around it all. The finished piece is 18 1/2" by 24". Not much bang for your buck and it was a bee itch to cut out. LOL I made my template out of cardboard.... 3 1/2"sq. Draw a mark on each side 3/4" from right and connect the lines. I have a big one also so if the mood hits me again it will be the one I try. Good luck...glenda

found this on a post of watterstide:

https://picasaweb.google.com/strut52...at=directlink#

this has a tute for a small wallhanging. If you want to make a runner or wreath you have to adjust the blocks in your original grid.

Blog Entries
    I put in a picture of my two rulers that I made 3 and 6 and pictures of the finished product. the table runner is 5" blocks 5 across and 7 down with a 3" border like Noah said in post above...when sewed back together I added another border. They are hard to cut out but if you go slow its not too bad. Do a search on "twisters" and you'll come up with lots

Here is one. It doesn't give amounts of fabric, but shows you how to make the template

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-57130-1.htm

I am making a quilt using the lil twister, not sure how big I will make it yet.
    There is a lot of fabric waste, but you can use it to make pieced borders. I thought it was an easy process and hope to get it finished soon.

I have a book by Anita Grossman Solomon called "Rotary Cutting Revolution". In it she has a block called No-waste windmill block. She shows how to cut a 7 1/2 inch block into 4 "blades" of the windmill. You then lay them out into interlocking windmills and then sew square blocks that, when sewn together, look just like the quilts made using the twister template. I takes a little concentration to keep all the pieces in the right order, but the only waste is from squaring the blocks. Right now I am halfway through squaring the blocks -- can't wait to sew them together!! You can see the blocks laid out below.

There are a lot of interesting blocks in this book!! Worth the purchase. Ann
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast