Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A little "funny" for the ladies who use comic book boards for organizing fabric! >

A little "funny" for the ladies who use comic book boards for organizing fabric!

A little "funny" for the ladies who use comic book boards for organizing fabric!

Old 10-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

drgranny are you in the Red Hat Club? I see in your picture you have the red hat and purple . I used to be in the Society.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Power Poster

This is funny. I also use the boards for both yardage and fat quarters. When I first stared using them the only comic book store was in another town. When I told him what I wanted them for he just laughted. The store closed and I wasn't sure where to get the boards. Then I found out that they moved to my town. I have been there quite a few times. When I go into the store the owner just says, "Got more fabric huh". I usually get the large board and cut them to size. I give the scraps to a friend who is a teacher and she uses them for projects for her kids. They work well for me. BrendaK
Old 10-19-2013, 02:39 PM

Wow, I never thought about cutting them up to use for fat quarters! You guys are utterly fantastic. I am definitely going to try that too... I have my FQ's all folded up small right now... it would be so much more convenient to have them rolled on the boards instead. WOO HOO I LOVE THIS BOARD!! (Although I am perpetually broke, which could be a drawback...LOL. )
Old 10-19-2013, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
drgranny are you in the Red Hat Club? I see in your picture you have the red hat and purple . I used to be in the Society.
I was in the Red Hat club but when my sister passed away it just wasn't as much fun for me so I just quit going. The clubs in our town have just about dried up (so I have been told) because of some edict passed down from the national org. (sue ellen) Still have lots of red hats and purple clothes. Mine AND my sisters.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by drgranny View Post
My DH cuts boards for me out of foam core board. There is a strip left over from a sheat of board that is just right for fatqtrs. I have no idea how many boards he has cut for me but I have 7 book cases full and just cleaned off my table and wrapped some more and filled up 2 big tubs cause I ran out of shelves. No more room for any more shelves so don't know what I will do next. My shelves sure do look nice!!!
Picture please!!!!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:32 PM

Comic boards are only coated/buffered on one side. How do you tell which side is coated? My plan is to fold them in half length-wise, but which side should the fabric be touching? Both sides look the same to me!