Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A little "funny" for the ladies who use comic book boards for organizing fabric! >

A little "funny" for the ladies who use comic book boards for organizing fabric!

A little "funny" for the ladies who use comic book boards for organizing fabric!

Old 10-18-2013, 08:41 AM

I get boards like these free at work so I don't have to buy them I don't have a size choice so if I need smaller than a standard paper size I cut them and if I need larger I buy foamboard at the dollar tree. I collect the boards all the time now its a running joke at work about throwing them out which is what used to happen to them. sometimes I have to use more than 1 but since theyre free its no big deal and I have a lot saved up for the future or for friends.
Carla m
Old 10-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

I got another pack from the comic book shop. he just knew! He said the quilters were his best customers for them. He also had to reorder more. He has even special reordered some. I spoke to one quilter I know and she gets her boards from him. Told me he gives quilters discounts when they order 3 or more packs. 30% is 30%.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:45 AM

Love the story.. I also started organizing my fabric re: the Comic book boards. I love having everything neat and tidy. But I too started out underestimating how many I would need - and ended up having to purchase another 300.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:51 PM

Aw, how sweet of him to try to help out though! I too, just went through ~200 comic board organizing my stash.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:39 PM

I also found another use for my comic book boards ! I use them to cut out my applique and template shapes ! They are stiff enough to hold up to multiple uses and cheaper then buying template plastic ! You can even use your iron on them ( no steam, but spray starch seems to be fine ) I love it !
Old 10-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Gay

OMG 400+ !!! and I thought I was going overboard with my 'puny' collection. Well! I might as well kick the bucket now, I won't have enough time to catch up with you girls, so no chance of me winning. Will send this page to DD, she's only got a small closet full too and no doubt will be joining us here soon.
We keep saying we've got to reduce our piles and stop buying
ROFL
Old 10-19-2013, 05:17 AM

Default COMICal

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
So, a few weeks ago I decided to try the comic book boards for my fabric. Since my brother is a big comic book collector (has been since childhood and he's 46 now!), I texted him and asked where I could get boards locally... he texted back and said, don't buy them, I will bring you some. I told him I would be using them for fabric bolts.

Well, I ended up ordering a bunch from Amazon because I didn't want to wait for him to bring them...I was ready to organize right then, and as you know we have to grab that feeling when it happens.

So, lo and behold, he shows up last Saturday at my house - with about 10 comic boards. Ha ha ha!!! I almost laughed in the poor guy's face. He truly has no idea.

I ordered two packs of 100 from Amazon and have already used up one entire pack plus some from the second pack. And I'm not done yet. If he only knew, he might have a panic attack!
Pretty funny. I did the same thing a few weeks ago. I found 100 pack for 10 locally better than Amazon, so I didn't have to order online. Id heard so much about using them-I was a little surprised they werent heavier. Not sure where I'm going to put them after I wrap fabric but I had to do something. I'm getting into making a lot of baby gifts and find myself with a lot of FQs and half yard cuts. They're starting to breed in my sewing room. If only the storage would multiply itself. LOL
Old 10-19-2013, 05:30 AM

I used up 100 of these boards for my pink and part of my yellow stash. Then I started on the rest of the yellow and red. Realized that by the time I got through my entire stash, I would use a few thousand and just stopped. I went through my bins and refolded each and every one. Sure looks nice, even without the boards.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

I ordered mine from amazon...I like the foam core board from the dollar store better...Just my preference...Both work good.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:56 AM

I use comic boards I bought 1000 ct box on Amazon and I only have about 150 left. Love them.