Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: log cabin quilt colors

Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    Without playing too much with the blocks, here's what your original idea might look like (I also did cornerstones in red). I think it's striking.
    Yes, very striking! I like it. I'd like it scrappy with a bunch of different reds.

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    I like white one side, black the other side with red as the center square:)
    I like this idea as well.

I'm currently working on one that is 3 fabrics only. Reddish gold center; gold with dark flecks on one side and black w/gold on the other side. It's quite striking. For a friends son who will be graduating from HS next year and black/gold are the school colors. The backing is black/gold as well. Not sure yet what I'll do for a border, if any. And it will be a barn raising setting. Still 28 complete blocks to go and finishing a few more. And I haven't had any time to work on it for the last couple of weeks.

what is a "barn raising" setting?? how they are arranged??

Quote Originally Posted by luey0202
    I would like to make a quilt, well I'm going to MAKE a quilt for my future SIL and want to do red/black and whites....what do you all think if I did a log cabin (one side blacks, other side reds and then border each square in white)???? or should I do black on side, white the other side and border each in red?? what do you all think????? I'm thinking it would be quite pretty
    Black on one side, whites on the other, and red chimneys, would be gorgeous.

My vote is for black on one side, white on the other, and red center square. I thing that would be vry pretty. You could use red for the borders to use more red in the quilt.
    Sue

red chimmenys?? is that the square in the middle? ty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2