Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lone Star pattern

Does anyone know where I can find a free, easy Lone Star pattern online. I am a beginner quilter and just love the looks of these. Thanks so much.

Blog Entries
    This is a search on the QB. Maybe there will be something you are interested here:) http://www.quiltingboard.com/search....0&s=5&s=10&s=4

Check in our own tutorial section of the QB. I recall a couple being posted there.

I have an Evening Star pattern it isn't free but super simple. No diamonds and no "Y" seams. But looks like it does. It is by Calico Carriage. www.calicocarriage.com

Blog Entries
    Check out Jan Krentz site. She has lone star patterns. Start with her lesson on Quick LemOyne Star Quilt. Then after you master that, since you said were a beginner, then go for the more difficult pattern. I made my lone star quilt using her technique and it turned out wonderful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As a beginner I would start with something less challenging, lonestars tend to be difficult. I tried doing one from a kit as my very first project, boy what a mistake. I finally hauled it out(after many years) and a lady who has make several lonestars is helping me to revamp it as I had to make changes to it. Just some friendly advise, please don't take it the wrong way.

Get a paper piecing pattern for the lone star quilt.

This is not a quilt for a beginner to tackle.

Thank you to all for the great suggestions!

I would not recommand to start with a lone star when you are a beginner. I made my very first lone star when I was quilting about one year (also still a beginner) and it was very difficult, because there are different ways to make them.

Now, I have more quilting experience and I made more lone stars and I also teach how to make them.There is a tutorial here on the quilting board in the tutorial section.

It's just a friendly advise,please don't take it the wrong way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast