Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lone Star pattern

Sorry I can't help you with a free pattern but I did want to encourage you to give it a shot. My Lonestar quilt was my second or third quilt. Granted, I'd sewn for years, just not quilted so maybe that helped. I found the pattern in a book at my local library. Sorry, can't remember the name of the book either. It was done in strips and was actually fairly easy. Y-Seams notwithstanding. If you don't mind a seam down the middle of your plain corner, I have directions from my LQS BOM from last year showing that technique. PM me if you're interested. I'd go for it since you really like the pattern. I believe in making what you like. When I first started knitting decades ago I saw a sweater pattern that I loved, bought all the yarn. When I opened the pattern is when I saw 'for experienced knitters only'. I ended up re-writing the instructions in terms I knew and it worked out fine. Go for your lonestar - you won't regret it.

Power Poster
    Good luck! There is always someone on this board to help you if you run into problems.
    I'm excited for you!

Thank you all for the wonderful sites and advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2