Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Longarm Machines

I agree about going to a large quilt show. I went to the Cincinnati show and tried every machine and frame. I stood around and listened as others did too and listened as some who had those machines told about theirs and their experiences. Then I went back a second day and did the same thing. I gave the frames a good shake and watched as they worked with them. I found out what kind of support their company had and what kind of classes.
    I ended up buying a Baby Lock Crown Jewel with a Majestic frame. I got a deal on the 4 day class in St. Louis with Kay Capps Cross using a machine just like the one I bought. I am sure I would not have been so comfortable using my machine without it. The information and education is critical.
    I wish you well. You seem to be well on your way to carefully choosing.
    Beth in Maryland

Yes, as one suggested get on Yahoo quilting forums. I have learned so much from them just by reading about others problems and solutions. I did not see what the problems you were having with your machine. Sometimes it is the simpilest solutions. Good luck on your search for your solution.

I dont know what type of problem you are having with your machine, but I purchased a nolting funquilter with the same frame. My machine seemed to have a mind of its own. When I would try to do a swirl it would do a straight line. I think I have finally figured it out that the conduit pipes were not smooth. I turned them to a smoother side and used some sand paper on them and they have been working perfect. I have done 2 quilts and they have come out perfect. Good luck. It is very frustrating when you have to talk to people on the phone to try to fix something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2