Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Longarm motor???

Longarm motor???

My longarm won't turn on. I left on for about an hour while I ran an errand, when I got home and started quilting the machine was off. So I tried to turn it on. Come to find out the "on" switch was already on.. The motor was hot to the touch so I thought I would let it cool off and everything would be fine. Still won't turn on. Any ideas why????

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

When you say hot, do you mean warm or burning hot. Did you smell anything when you came in to the house. Is it an older machine. I burned up a motor recently and I have to tell you it was older, it was burning hot and it gave off an odor that wouldn't be missed. Just a thought...

Blog Entries
    Don't know, but the fact that the motor was hot to the touch does not sound good.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Might want to check to see if you blew a fuse on the machine. I know where they are on apqs machines, but not on others.

I have never had mine get hot. They do have a fuse but seems like it would lose power and not be hot. What type of machine do you have?

hot.. I could leave my hand on it so it was not HOT HOT .. No smell. Have not checked for a fuse. But suspect it should have one somewhere.

Peter Marshall

Husvargna/Viking Mega Quilter which is computerized. I took the "lid" off where the power goes in and all I see is small computer circuit boards. Nothing looks damamged but don't guess by looking.

Peter Marshall

The 18 X 8? This is the machine I have, the fuse is located in the black piece where the on and off swith is. First pull the plug, there is a little drawer you can open with a screwdriver. It is right below the plug a drawer will open that is the fuse drawer, look inside there should also be an extra fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    The 18 X 8? This is the machine I have, the fuse is located in the black piece where the on and off swith is. First pull the plug, there is a little drawer you can open with a screwdriver. It is right below the plug a drawer will open that is the fuse drawer, look inside there should also be an extra fuse.
    THANKS I found the fuse.. Swithed them out...BLEW that fuse too!!!!!

Peter Marshall

Blog Entries
    I asked DH, and his opinion is you need to have a professional repair it. He said there are 2 things that will cause it to blow multiple fuses; 1. a bound-up motor, 2. a shorted-out motor. Either one of those things could make it hot, also.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast