Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
longarm questions >

longarm questions

longarm questions

Old 01-09-2017, 03:13 PM

Default longarm questions

I bought a new to me Pfaff grandquilter on an Inspira frame. I have 2 questions I hope someone here can help me with. do you have to reposition the pantograms each time you roll the quilt up? And when I come up to the center of the frame, the carriage catches on the seam of the frame causing me to jerk & lose my flow( making a mess of my curves). Has anyone dealt with this or know what to do? Thanks for any help.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:23 PM

Here is a great tutorial (I thought so anyway) about pantos and setting up your next row

https://youtu.be/VltVK_ufh6A

Sorry, but I am no help onyour hang up issue, but I feel your frustration!!! Are you sure it's set in all the way? Do you need to buy new rails for it?? Those are the only 2 things I could think of!! Welcome to longarminng, it's so much fun !!!
Old 01-09-2017, 04:25 PM

My older Nolting table has the same issue. It jerks and throws me around when I get to the center where the two halves of the rail is split. I do find it helps if I clean the rails and lightly sand them, then put some oil on them. But it still jerks. I am learning to hang on in the center and exercise good control and just try to do the best I can.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:35 PM

Your frame is not level. I had the same problem, fixed with level, use a long one to check, we used a 3' one.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:21 PM

I have an HQ16 and had an issue with it pulling when I got to a certain part. I worked at leveling it and it really helped. I don't reposition the panto, I just advance the quilt just enough to get the next row. I place the needle where i want to start and make sure the light/stylus is at the bottom of the panto.

There is a learning curve and after a while it becomes second nature.

Good luck.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:22 AM
Power Poster

If it was installed by a dealer, you need to contact them and have them fix the frame. As others mentioned, the frame is not level. It is bent where the 2 pieces join. If the dealer didn't install, refer to the frame setup instructions. They should talk about leveling it during installation. In addition to the bumpy join, the machine carriage will probably want to roll in one direction or the other when it is just on one side of the join. This will also make it difficult to control the movement.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:01 AM

Thanks everyone. I went to the back of the frame & used the level & sure enough it was not straight. I bought it used, at auction so I had to set it up myself. Fixed that, rolls great now. Watched the video suggested (and a couple more) I think I might be ready to start. I always know when I need help someone on this board is always willing to help. Great people here! Thanks, again.