Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: look for help with borders

I have made a quilt for my newest grand and I am having difficulty with calculations for the border to match the backing. It is a double sides quilt. Is there a web site out there that helps with such a delema?

Blog Entries
    Not sure I would worry too much about it matching exactly. You can get it extremely close by trimming the 2 sides to exactly the same size. But, I usually consider "close" to get good!!! :lol:

That would be hard to do. I hope you get some help here.

Blog Entries
    I would love to help you but I'm not sure I understand your question.

The back of my quilt is 481/2" horizontally and 63 1/2 vertically. the back is 36 1/2 H and 501/2 V. the top is I SPY and the back is squares I have guest write messages on a 6x6 sq to my daughter for her baby shower. I need to get the back to the same size as the front in a manner that looks good. I don't have any more of the prints I used in the signing side and i really don't want to have a huge border on the back. I was going to do I SPY sq. but I am having trouble getting things to come out evenly. I am tuning the front border around to the back to bind it so I loose 3" there all the way around and I could use a sash of the same pink fabric for an additional border on the back. I do hope this is making sense. I appreciate any suggestions as I was in hopes of getting this quilted this week. Hmmmmm.

i will post pictures if I can figure out how

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mosher92
    The back of my quilt is 481/2" horizontally and 63 1/2 vertically. the back is 36 1/2 H and 501/2 V. the top is I SPY and the back is squares I have guest write messages on a 6x6 sq to my daughter for her baby shower. I need to get the back to the same size as the front in a manner that looks good. I don't have any more of the prints I used in the signing side and i really don't want to have a huge border on the back. I was going to do I SPY sq. but I am having trouble getting things to come out evenly. I am tuning the front border around to the back to bind it so I loose 3" there all the way around and I could use a sash of the same pink fabric for an additional border on the back. I do hope this is making sense. I appreciate any suggestions as I was in hopes of getting this quilted this week. Hmmmmm.
    Your top and bottom borders need to be 7 1/2" wide
    The sides (vertical) need to b 8" wide.

This will give you one extra inch to fold around to the back :D