Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Look what I found

Great sites; thanks for sharing!

Lots of books! Thanks for sharing the site. I bookmarked it so I could go back and check it out more thoroughly later.

I haven't sifted through everything, but paperbackswap.com is a good deal.
    :-)
    CAS

Goodwill is not a charity either. They are to make a profit and use some to help people work and the rest goes into the owners pocket. I always thought it was a charity.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
    Goodwill is not a charity either. They are to make a profit and use some to help people work and the rest goes into the owners pocket. I always thought it was a charity.
    I didn't know that Goodwill was a for-profit organization. Nevertheless, their prices are so very good for those of us who don't have scads to spend on quilting items, whether they be fabrics, machines or books. Have purchased many of these for rock-bottom prices.
    Kitsy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsykeel View Post
    I didn't know that Goodwill was a for-profit organization. Nevertheless, their prices are so very good for those of us who don't have scads to spend on quilting items, whether they be fabrics, machines or books. Have purchased many of these for rock-bottom prices.
    After reading here about the many Goodwill finds, I was passing one last week, so dashed in. Was so disappointed at prices--high and higher! Went to another later with a friend, and same pricing prevailed. Picked up a few pieces of fabric and other "treasures," but would have bought far more if prices had been better. Asked an employee about one remnant that was marked as though it were two full yards, but was in fact about 1/2 yard after deducting for missing area, and she said it was priced by length, and once priced could not be reduced! I put it back, realizing exactly why it had a year old date on the tag....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3