Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I found

Look what I found

Shopping on line I found a second chance bookstore BetterWorld Books, got 9 quilting books for 16.00 They are used and older but definitly useful, money goes to Book for Africa, having a ball.

What catagory

I went on line to look for books but didn't seen any quilting. What catagory did you find them under? I usually get mine on Amazon but if this is less I'm all for it. Looks like a good cause to. Thanks
    Blessings, Barbara Lee Joy

catagory - quilting put in sort by amount , the oldest and less expensive will come up, but newer ones are available in the over 400 pages of available books under quilting.

Blog Entries
    also try www.edwardrhamilton.com for cheap books. in perfect shape too.

I have also purchased quilting books from www.edwardrhamilton.com. They were in perfect condition.

Blog Entries
    A great place to get books from. I like that no matter how many books you order, shipping is only $3.50

Quote Originally Posted by OKLAHOMA PEACH View Post
    Shopping on line I found a second chance bookstore BetterWorld Books, got 9 quilting books for 16.00 They are used and older but definitly useful, money goes to Book for Africa, having a ball.
    While they do donate to charities, they are a "for-profit" enterprise.

There are a lot of these out there, making you think they are a charity, like the "Planet Earth" drop boxes where you would think the clothes you donate goes to needy people but it is, in fact, sold.

Blog Entries
    I use Half.com. That will tell you where you can get a book used. Better World is one of their fulfillment companies. If you want to check out a book from the library before you buy it, try the website, www.worldcat.org. You enter your zip code the first time you use it and after entering a book's information, it will tell you where the nearest library is.

when you are really, really desperate to find a book the site to go to is www.bookfinder.com - pulls in info from bookselling sites all over the world. Although their listings are not always up to date.

I love that place. I have ordered from there for a few years now. Just ordered a couple books for a class I am taking. Better yet, shipping is free if you use standard shipping.
    Robinmg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast