Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
looking to buy an Embroidery Machine >

looking to buy an Embroidery Machine

looking to buy an Embroidery Machine

Old 08-30-2011, 01:32 PM

can i get some help on which one is the best of what i want in the machine the main thing i want is that i can download from the computer onto the machine and that i am not sure on the area size that i want have done some resurch on them and i just can't spent that much $$$ on some of the one's that i have seen i would like to spend around $1,000.00. my DH said if i am going to buy one it should be one that i would not want to replace for a long time so thats where i get stuck, i would like some infomation on one that you all might have or are looking at i would realy like some feedback

thanks a buch
Barefoot Quilter.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by barefoot quilter
can i get some help on whitch one is the best of what i want in the machine the main thing i want is that i can download from the computer onto the machine and that i am not sure on the area size that i want have done some resurch on them and i just can't spent that much $$$ on some of the one's that i have seen i would like to spend around $1,000.00. my DH said if i am going to buy one it should be one that i would not want to replace for a long time so thats where i get stuck, i would like some infomation on one that you all might have or are looking at i would realy like some feedback

thanks a buch
Barefoot Quilter.
I have Vikings. I have a Topaz 30 that uses a memory stick. But it is much more than $1000, more like $3000. I don't know about any others, but I think you had better plan on spending more than $1000 if you want something you will be happy with for a while. I also have a Viking Diamond that runs close to $8000 that can send from the computer to the machine. It is absolutely awesome and well worth the money. It does huge embroideries. As I said I know nothing about Brothers, or any of the other embroidery machines so I don't know what they cost. But just remember, you get what you pay for.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:15 PM

I have a Brother.. ( about 5 yrs old... never a bit of trouble or repairs) and have lOVED IT...

1. get the biggest hoop u can afford ( I recomment no less than 4x4 and a 5x6)
2. remember u get get tons FREE online
3. get the greatest number of heads as u can afford
Old 08-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

Get the largest hoop size you can. Make sure that it has a usb port so you can use a thumb drive. Don't get one that uses a proprietary card.
I have vikings and love them. More than $1,000 though.
If you are computer challenged. look for a good dealer who offers lessons and assistance.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:09 PM

Look for a dealer that sells used machines. Lots of people want the latest and greatest so they trade up. That is how I got my last one and the deal was great.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by barefoot quilter
can i get some help on whitch one is the best of what i want in the machine the main thing i want is that i can download from the computer onto the machine and that i am not sure on the area size that i want have done some resurch on them and i just can't spent that much $$$ on some of the one's that i have seen i would like to spend around $1,000.00. my DH said if i am going to buy one it should be one that i would not want to replace for a long time so thats where i get stuck, i would like some infomation on one that you all might have or are looking at i would realy like some feedback

thanks a buch
Barefoot Quilter.
I have Vikings. I have a Topaz 30 that uses a memory stick. But it is much more than $1000, more like $3000. I don't know about any others, but I think you had better plan on spending more than $1000 if you want something you will be happy with for a while. I also have a Viking Diamond that runs close to $8000 that can send from the computer to the machine. It is absolutely awesome and well worth the money. It does huge embroideries. As I said I know nothing about Brothers, or any of the other embroidery machines so I don't know what they cost. But just remember, you get what you pay for.
I have 2 vikings also,they are my fave.have had to in the past that have other homes and still working just fine.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:11 PM

I have a Janome MC350e and love it. It was a little over $1000 but has a 4x4 and 5x7 hoop. I recently purchased a 2x2 hoop as well. They have something called a giga hoop that is on my christmas wish list. It has a low bobbin indicator, a stitch indicator and you can back up when you run out of bobbin or the thread breaks.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:42 PM

I have a Viking and it does a great job. Buy a used machine off of Craigslist or eBay. You'll get more for your $ too and pay a fraction of what it would cost new. You could get the Designer 1 Viking sewing/embroidery machine for close to $1,000 and it sold new for over $5,000. Just a thought as that's what my mom did. Good luck :)
Old 08-30-2011, 04:52 PM

My brother 2500 is identical to my daughter-in-law's Baby Lock but was much cheaper. We can't find any difference between the two machines. We are both in love with our machines and they have every feature we ever wanted. They were more than $1000, but before you decide on a machine I suggest you try out one of the Brother embroider machines. They are on sale now.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:54 PM

I have a Bernina 200E and it is wonderful. A little pricey but so worth it. I can do free motion, embroidery and sewing very easily. LOVE this machine. I recommend sewing on the various brands to see which one you like the most. Good luck.