Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for Dream Garden Quilt by Dawn Licker (R. Kauman fabric by Elly Sienkiewicz) >

Looking for Dream Garden Quilt by Dawn Licker (R. Kauman fabric by Elly Sienkiewicz)

Looking for Dream Garden Quilt by Dawn Licker (R. Kauman fabric by Elly Sienkiewicz)

Old 12-11-2011, 11:30 AM

Default Looking for Dream Garden Quilt by Dawn Licker (R. Kauman fabric by Elly Sienkiewicz)

Hi--I am looking for a kit or a vendor still selling the Elly Sankiewicz fabric line, 'Spoken Without A Word,' manufactured by Robert Kaufman for Baltimore Beauties & the 'Dream Garden Quilt' by Dawn Licker. I would like to make the 'Dream Garden Quilt' to hang in my kitchen. If anyone can point me in any direction (beyond basic Google searches) or has this kit tucked away unwanted in a closet, I'd be very grateful for any leads. You can see the free pattern here: www.robertkaufman.com/assets/pdf/RKQ.Spoken.pdf
Many thanks and happy holidays!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Power Poster

That's a pretty quilt. I think you would be able to find fabrics that are close, if not identical to, those shown at any quilt store. It might be more fun to put together your own kit, if you can't find one already made.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:54 AM

Looking at the picture, I would, if it was me, figure out what size I wanted and then make my own patterns this is not a difficult applique picture, the shapes are pretty normal flowers, fruit. I would find fabric close to what is there and use what I wanted to match my kitchen, etc. Deviating from the creators choices of fabric, would make it more yours, theirs is just to get you to buy more, and you might have something in your stash that would be perfect, just a suggestion, Hope you find what you are looking for. Either way it is a cute piece, but dont become stressed or frustrated if you cant do an exact reproduction.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:07 AM

I cannot even find this line by Googling it...and Elly is not listed as one of their designers. That would lead me to believe that this is an older line. Your best bet would be collecting FQ or looking for a line that has the same feel. I hope I didn't burst your bubble! I LOVE the pattern! I had fun looking at all the patterns they have on that site too (Kauffman). Unlucky for me the one I LOVE is not free! Gee..I feel a stocking stuffer coming on! lolol
Old 12-12-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by toadmomma View Post
Looking at the picture, I would, if it was me, figure out what size I wanted and then make my own patterns this is not a difficult applique picture, the shapes are pretty normal flowers, fruit. I would find fabric close to what is there and use what I wanted to match my kitchen, etc. Deviating from the creators choices of fabric, would make it more yours, theirs is just to get you to buy more, and you might have something in your stash that would be perfect, just a suggestion, Hope you find what you are looking for. Either way it is a cute piece, but dont become stressed or frustrated if you cant do an exact reproduction.
Right you are, and I have never bought or quilted a kit. I don't need patterns to create templates--can do that myself with what's online and from my library and the colors of the border blocks and the applique are easy enough to come close to and/or depart from. It's just that on close inspection, the border fabrics are just SO LOVELY that I wanted the kit just as a reasonable way to get them. Thanks to you, dunster, and toadmama for the encouragement. Back to decking the halls.... Happy, happy holidays.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:30 PM
QM
Power Poster

I thyink any moderately good LQS could come up with suitable fabrics for this delightful quilt. Elly makes such sweet designs. BTW, thanks for sharing. I downloaded and have it on my WAD list (which is now larger than our local phone book).