Old 12-12-2011, 07:23 PM
frannella

Originally Posted by toadmomma View Post
Looking at the picture, I would, if it was me, figure out what size I wanted and then make my own patterns this is not a difficult applique picture, the shapes are pretty normal flowers, fruit. I would find fabric close to what is there and use what I wanted to match my kitchen, etc. Deviating from the creators choices of fabric, would make it more yours, theirs is just to get you to buy more, and you might have something in your stash that would be perfect, just a suggestion, Hope you find what you are looking for. Either way it is a cute piece, but dont become stressed or frustrated if you cant do an exact reproduction.
Right you are, and I have never bought or quilted a kit. I don't need patterns to create templates--can do that myself with what's online and from my library and the colors of the border blocks and the applique are easy enough to come close to and/or depart from. It's just that on close inspection, the border fabrics are just SO LOVELY that I wanted the kit just as a reasonable way to get them. Thanks to you, dunster, and toadmama for the encouragement. Back to decking the halls.... Happy, happy holidays.