Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for fabric with cancer ribbons.... >

Looking for fabric with cancer ribbons....

Looking for fabric with cancer ribbons....

Old 10-29-2013, 09:39 PM

About a year or so ago, I purchased a cotton fabric (can't remember from where) that had numerous types of cancers and the coordinating color ribbon on a white background. I still have a remnant, but it does not give a manufacturer, designer or item no. on the selvage edge. I was looking to purchase more. If anyone has seen this fabric and can tell me where I can purchase more would be great! julie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]444022[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_2575.jpg  
Old 10-30-2013, 01:49 AM

Not fabric but Accuquilt has a ribbon die so you can get the color you need and applique the ribbons on there. Good luck with your search.

T
Old 10-30-2013, 02:39 AM

I would go with the appropriate color. The likelihood of finding a cancer ribbon fabric produced in each cancer color is slim. Too expensive to produce by the fabric companies and then not to be purchased by shops. Esp the more obscure color of ribbons. Frankly, i am not sure all cancer patients want to draw attebtion to their situation via a ribbon. Maybe even appliques in the color would suffice if one wants a ribbon. My 2 cents.

Sandy
Old 02-06-2014, 05:49 PM

Default Purple Cancer Ribbon Fabric

I am looking for some Purple Ribbon Cancer Fabric with the words Hope, Courage, Strength, Love, Health, Believe and Overcome. I know it was in production a few years ago, but hoping someone has some laying around they no longer want. Thanks! Theresa
Old 02-07-2014, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
We have the blue/teal in our shop, I don't know what colors go with what cancers though.

There is a list of colors on the American Cancer site.
sandy
Old 02-09-2014, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by ToucanSam View Post
I've found some with pink ribbons and some with teal but there are so many other cancers out there with corresponding colors.
After my diagnosis, I would really like to make some pillowcases and lap quilts but hate to be limited to just breast cancer and ovarian.

Any places I can look? I have googled but not finding much.

Thanks!
Not sure if you found something that will work for you, but I found that Accuquilt has a ribbon die that might work for you since you could cut it out in any color you want to. If you don't own an Accuquilt die cutter, maybe you can find a friend that would be interested in buying this ribbon die that you could borrow.