Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for ideas

Blog Entries
    I want to do a quilt for my Mom who will be 82 this January. She loves cardinals so I have found fabric with cardinals and pine needles on it ... I have also found a contrast red piece and some other fabric with pine needles and pine cones ... I don't have a lot of time to do this so am looking for something fairly simple. I am just finishing up seven quilts that I had promised to do before Christmas ... all done ecept the binding on four of them.

Blog Entries
    Check out Jim's Gem recent quilts. These patterns could be adjusted to any size you want. Here is the link
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-83098-1.htm

I was just going to say to try a "Warm Wishes" pattern. It goes together really fast and easy and is a great pattern to showcase a "feature" print or two.
    erstan947 beat me to it!

Blog Entries
    thank you too!

I am directing you to quilterscache.com as well, look at Antique tile. It has a center block with two contrasting borders and corners.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    I am directing you to quilterscache.com as well, look at Antique tile. It has a center block with two contrasting borders and corners.
    I like this block too.

Banned
    This one was a very easy three day quilt that I made for my son for Christmas...it might give you an idea. It is all 2 1/2 " strips with some very simple machine applique in the center...of cardinals! and a 6 inch border all around

You could use the cardinal print as the outside border...and the pincones as one of the strips
    Name:  Attachment-143735.jpe
Views: 13
Size:  57.6 KB

I agree that warm wishes would be great. Or alternate snowball block of focus fabric with a 4 patch or rail fence blocks of co-ord fabrics.