Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for info on New Century Hand Crank Machine.

I have just been given a New Century Sewing Machine. It has a long bobbin. So far I have not been able to find any Serial Number on it, and a search on Google has not come up with anything. Has anyone heard of this machine? I will get a photo of it and post it tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Blog Entries
    I have an "old" Century treadle machine which I'm researching. I've not gotten far except to find that it is possibly made by Davis. I'm going to post pics on a couple of yahoo groups that I've inquired on. My machine did have a serial #. Be sure to check underneath the machine.

Is yours in a cabinet?

No, it has a case. I found the Serial #1647966 on the cover plate. The base appears to be handmade, the cover may not be the original, as it does not fit properly. There are the words MADE IN U.S.AMERICA on the left top of the machine.

Blog Entries
    What a pretty machine, it will look beautiful once it has had a clean up. Try Billy, (LostN51) here on the board for info. He hasn't been well recently, but he might be able to help.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    That's a beautiful machine and the case is incredible!! What a nice gift!!! :D
    Sorry I don't know anything about it but I know beauty when I see it!

Blog Entries
    It's going to be a beauly cleaned up and the case is gorgeous. Davis (if it is one) and handcranks are sought after machines. Lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose
    It's going to be a beauly cleaned up and the case is gorgeous. Davis (if it is one) and handcranks are sought after machines. Lucky you!
    I have tried to find info on the Davis machines but have not found a New Century mentioned. I have Singer FW's, 201K's and a 99K. This is a machine that I know nothing about and the thought of using a shuttle bobbin scares me!

Blog Entries
    Post this on the Vintage Sewing Machine Shop....there are several very knowledgeable people on there who can help.