Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for info >

Looking for info

Looking for info

Old 10-17-2013, 12:15 AM

Question Looking for info

Has anybody seen/used the new scan n cut by Brother? Looks good on paper, but have not seen it in person yet. Comments? Also, does anyone use EQ 7? I have the dear jane version, but am interested in getting the full version. Any thoughts on that? Will appreciate all comments, as both of them together are big $$$. Thanks in advance for any comments.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:11 AM

I have EQ6 and am looking into upgrading to 7 but haven't paid the money. I have a friend that has it and she really likes it. She can take pictures of her fabric and insert those pictures so her fabric will be used in the program. That sounds really enticing to me. I will be interested in knowing what others have to say also. Thanks for starting this post. I will keep tabs on this thread to see what others will say.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:14 AM
Power Poster

if you are looking to save money on EQ, look for a used version of EQ5. i have that and have not found a need to upgrade to EQ7. the reason i recommend EQ5 is that it has unlimited lives whereas EQ6 is limited to [2 or 3 can't remember]
Old 10-17-2013, 04:22 AM
Power Poster

I thought I remembered a recent discussion or two on this. Here are the links

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t231843.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/links-r...e-t231787.html
Old 10-17-2013, 04:26 AM

I have EQ7 (b'day gift from DH) but have only just begun to use it. There are a lot of things it can do that I've not figured out yet. And then also a lot of things it can do that I just never use. I mostly design blocks and do my mock-ups in EQ because it's faster than graph paper. One thing I do like about it, as mentioned above, you can scan your own actual fabric to use in your design, BUT it will still never look the same on screen as it does in real life. It can only approximate. I still use my design wall to audition fabrics. I don't know if I would have spent the $$ for the EQ7 upgrade if it had not been a gift.